Cover Art Disappearance

David Updike

Aug 14, 2020, 6:05:08 PM8/14/20
to Brennan Forum
Today, out of nowhere all of my input cover art has disappeared. The albums and tracks are all still intact and identified but the art is all gone. This is using Safari, Apple & Sonos.
Help!

Daniel Taylor

Aug 15, 2020, 5:15:55 AM8/15/20
to Brennan Forum
If you've already run Scan Disk, then I have no other ideas.

PMB

Aug 15, 2020, 6:54:17 AM8/15/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi David,

You haven't told us which Brennan device you have. Also where are you viewing the artworks?

Try running Scan Disk - Settings menu.

It may be a browser issue - try 'clearing browser data/history' > open a new Safari page > type the IP Address in manually, rather than using a bookmark.

Paul
Brennan Support.

David Updike

Aug 15, 2020, 3:03:07 PM8/15/20
to Brennan Forum
I tried scanning disk and now all but 11 CD's out of some 300 have disappeared. This is the B2 and I was viewing the artworks on my laptop through the Brennon website. So, now I have a much larger problem.....

Daniel Taylor

Aug 15, 2020, 3:28:39 PM8/15/20
to Brennan Forum
Hmmm...  I'm scratching my head about this one.

Maybe it's a WiFi signal strength issue.  What is your WiFi Strength (Maintenance menu)?

Maybe it's a browser issue.  Try closing the browser window, clearing the cache, open a new window and enter the IP address manually (do not use a bookmark).

Maybe it's a HDD issue.  View the B2's HDD as NAS, and see that the artwork files are still there and are viewable on your computer.

David Updike

Aug 15, 2020, 9:19:54 PM8/15/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Daniel,

Signal strength seems to vary between 49 - 53. I’ve tried a new browser window and eliminated browser history - is that what you meant by clearing cache?   I can’t imagine what it was that I might have done to lose more than 300 CD entries….

Cheers,

PMB

Aug 16, 2020, 6:18:58 AM8/16/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi David,

The 300 CDs are probably still stored on the B2 but for some reason it cannot see them. Don't try adding more CDs or editing i.e. deleting, etc at this stage as it may make matters worse.

Scan Disk should be non-destructive - it simply scans the contents of the HDD and makes a list of the titles it finds, the B2 then uses this list to locate and play your music.

I would try Scan Disk again - don't have the B2 playing while doing this.

Paul
Brennan Support.

David Updike

Aug 16, 2020, 12:44:29 PM8/16/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Paul,

Thank you for your response. I have scanned the disk several times again and not found any additional CD"s. I'm not sure what you meant about don't have the B2 playing while doing this. Do you mean the browser open while I'm manually pressing the Scan button on the B2 device?

Daniel Taylor

Aug 16, 2020, 1:53:48 PM8/16/20
to Brennan Forum
The B2 is not good at doing more than one thing at a time.  So don't do a Scan Disk command if you're in the process of ripping a disc, or editing names, or much of anything else.  Doing just one thing at a time will keep the situation much happier.

Daniel Taylor

Aug 16, 2020, 1:56:21 PM8/16/20
to Brennan Forum
Now that I think about what has happened to me when I've forgotten and tried to do more than one thing at a time on the B2, I wonder if your artwork files got corrupted or renamed.  I suggested before that you take a look at the HDD via NAS and see that your artwork is still there in the right places and correctly named.  If you see a problem, it'll be easy to correct as you go.

David Updike

Aug 16, 2020, 2:01:48 PM8/16/20
to Brennan Forum
Would you walk me through the steps of how look at the HDD via NAS?  I'm not exactly sure how to go about this - my technical abilities are limited compared to most.

Daniel Taylor

Aug 16, 2020, 2:27:27 PM8/16/20
to Brennan Forum
It's best to start with the instructions on the Brennan website, here:  https://www.brennan.co.uk/itemcontent.php/content/Sonos
See how that goes.  If you have trouble, there's lots of help in the forum.  Search for NAS and your OS (Windows 10 or Mac).  If you have Windows 7, it should be straight forward with no problems.

Brian R

Aug 16, 2020, 3:27:47 PM8/16/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi David

Has the B2 switched from 'Source HDD' to 'Source SD' ?

Brian

David Updike

Aug 16, 2020, 4:07:25 PM8/16/20
to Brennan Forum
Don't know - how would I check that?

Brian R

Aug 16, 2020, 4:29:07 PM8/16/20
to Brennan Forum
This information is one of the details shown on the scrolling part of the b2;s  screen.

Brian

PMB

Aug 17, 2020, 8:18:57 AM8/17/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi David,

I was trying to say - don't have the B2 playing any music or the Radio when you run Scan Disk - have it 'paused'.

Let us know what computer and OS (Windows 7, Windows 10, iOS, etc) you have and we will advise further on NAS.

Paul
Brennan Support.