Compatibility with Lumin D2

Dan

Oct 13, 2021, 12:13:58 PM10/13/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi. I’m thinking of buying a Lumin D2 streamer and wondered if anyone knew if I can then set up my Brennan b2 to act as a NAS and use the Lumin amp.  I’m not sure they will work together as I don’t think the  brennan uses UPnP / DLNA.

Any help would be appreciated

Dan

Oct 13, 2021, 12:31:39 PM10/13/21
to Brennan Forum
Sorry that should have read app, not amp.

Peter Lowham

Oct 13, 2021, 12:36:06 PM10/13/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Dan,

The B2 does offer both NAS and DLNA services.  The DLNA will need to be switched on via a front panel menu function found in:

'Settings'-->'Maintenance'-->'DLNA'     This is an 'On/Off' switch.

A note of caution here; if you have DLNA switched on, you cannot use the latest Sonos software as they are currently mutually exlusive.

Regards,
Peter.

Dan

Oct 13, 2021, 2:44:44 PM10/13/21
to Brennan Forum
Thanks Peter, that’s really useful.

I think I just found my Christmas present to self.