purchase

bill glover

Nov 30, 2021, 1:13:25 PM11/30/21
to Brennan Forum
I am thinking of buying a b2, will it work with my quad series 99 pre amp via twin 6m phono sockets. Bill Glover

Daniel Taylor

Nov 30, 2021, 3:29:02 PM11/30/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Bill,
The B2 has an analog line level output that takes a 3.5mm stereo mini-plug.  You can get either a cable with the two phono plugs on the other end, or an adapter to use with your existing cable.

Also recommended is to buy an external DAC to put between the B2's optical digital output and your pre-amp.

To post to this thread, click/tap on the "Reply all" button at the bottom of the screen.

fred.w....@gmail.com

Nov 30, 2021, 3:35:18 PM11/30/21
to Brennan Forum
I have a Quad 606 system (preamp, poweramp and ELS speakers) and the B2 works OK for me. I use the B2s optical output into a little DAC then from that to the preamp.

If I was to start now without my legasy Quad system I think I would go for just the B2 and Sonos, it is more flexible, smaller and honestly, at my age I cant hear the difference!

Fred