HDMI audio out and Line out at the same time?

Anders Nereim

Feb 2, 2022, 2:17:37 PM2/2/22
to Brennan Forum
I'm currently using the B2 audio line out to my Nakamichi AV1, but my wife asked if I could occasionally send the audio to her Marantz 2015, using AudioEngine's plug and play W3 devices.
I'd like to just connect that up to the B2 HDMI through an audio stream grabber.
My question before I start this project:
If I turn on the HDMI audio output on the web interface, does the line out stay on too?
I hope so.
Anders Nereim

Daniel Taylor

Feb 2, 2022, 2:39:40 PM2/2/22
to Brennan Forum
I'm pretty sure that when the HDMI output is enbled, it disables the other outputs (except Bluetooth still works).  So maybe Bluetooth would be a good solution for your situation.

BTW, you enable HDMI by checking the box for Audio on HDMI (TV), which is in the Status window of the WebUI.

JFBUK

Feb 2, 2022, 3:00:01 PM2/2/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Anders,

Can you not output from the Nakamichi via the the audio engine devices to the Marantz ?
The Nakamichi has multiple RCA outputs ?

John

Anders Nereim

Feb 2, 2022, 4:59:06 PM2/2/22
to Brennan Forum
Thanks John,
I am using the Nakamichi's Tape Recorder Output #1 right now through a 20 Db attenuator into my Zoom H1n to record all of my vinyl as 16 bit 44.1 . There is also a Tape 2 out, like you say, which is pretty clean, and also a pretty high RMS and might just have to be attenuated down also to feed the AudioEngine W3.
I was imagining that the HDMI out would be even cleaner  given that it is so close to the source.

Anders Nereim

Feb 2, 2022, 5:01:29 PM2/2/22
to Brennan Forum
Thanks Dan,
I am adding a powered USB hub so I can use Bluetooth, but is B2 bluetooth available for output as well as input? If so, I will look into the bluetooth audio solution.
Anders

Anders Nereim

Feb 2, 2022, 7:35:50 PM2/2/22
to Brennan Forum
Hmm I guess if you can drive a speaker with Bluetooth, while streaming an internet radio with Wifi on the B2B, then the Bluetooth signal can also be picked up by a Bluetooth streamer attached to my wife's Marantz 2015 aux input.
I am living happily down here at a clean 16 bit 44.1, and i think Bluetooth is capable of that if it's driving a speaker.
Now to find a nice Bluetooth ADC with RCA output to put over on top of her amp.
This is a very thought provoking group.
Thanks,
Anders

Daniel Taylor

Feb 2, 2022, 8:18:45 PM2/2/22
to Brennan Forum
I probably should tell you that although the B2 does do Bluetooth both sending and receiving, because it is not guaranteed to work with every Bluetooth device out there, they officially don't support it.  So if you're buying Bluetooth equipment to use with the B2, be sure that you can return it if it's not compatible.

PMB

Feb 3, 2022, 4:45:55 AM2/3/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Anders,

Just to confirm that when HDMI is enabled on the B2, the other outputs - speakers, Line Out and Optical - are disabled.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Anders Nereim

Feb 3, 2022, 5:25:09 PM2/3/22
to Brennan Forum
Thanks Paul, I appreciate it.
I did turn on HDMI while listening through line out, and indeed, it did cut out.