Using the latest Brennan iPhone app with Sonos Speakers

Peter Orr

Feb 21, 2021, 4:30:18 PM2/21/21
to Brennan Forum
I use the Sonos app to play music via my home wifi network. I can access my Brennan music files this way as they're all on the same wifi network and it is my primary listening method.
However, I have been unable to set up the latest Brennan iPhone app to play my Brennan files, even though it successfully discovers the Brennan's IP address, which is running Version B2 Dec 9 2020.
I can go to settings and see all the track info, but when I select Change Speaker all my Sonos speakers (I have three stereo pairs, plus a single unit in the bedroom) are greyed out and if I select any of them I get the message "speaker is disconnected and cannot be used to play music from the Brennan".
Since I know that the speakers are all connected successfully and can play music from the Brennan via the regular Sonos app, something is not right.

Any suggestions what as to what I might try doing to get the app working properly?

PMB

Feb 22, 2021, 5:41:57 AM2/22/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Peter,

You need to have 11th January 2021 software to use the new iPhone app.

Try a Web Upgrade - Settings menu and let us know if it works.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Peter Orr

Feb 22, 2021, 6:08:14 AM2/22/21
to Brennan Forum
Yes that worked - soon after I upgraded the Brennan to Feb 14 version the Sonos speakers were no longer greyed out and I could use the app as designed.
Thank you!
Peter

PMB

Feb 23, 2021, 3:47:41 AM2/23/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Peter,

That's great, thanks for letting us know.

Paul
Brennan Support.