AC DC adapter

Chris from Iowa

Oct 19, 2021, 8:11:25 PM10/19/21
to Brennan Forum
I am trying to locate another adapter for my B2, here in the US.  Can anyone point me in the right direction on where I can buy one?

As always, I appreciate all of your help!!

Chris

fred.w....@gmail.com

Oct 19, 2021, 8:22:40 PM10/19/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Chris.

As with most things B2/ BB1 the units are put together form common stock IT parts.
You can get what you need either form the Brennan web site shop see:-
a.jpg
or from the link they have to Amazon  (this is to a UK Amazon page but I am sure there will be a US equivalent for you).

Hope this helps

What intrigues me is what happened to your old power unit ??

Fred
Message has been deleted

PMB

Oct 20, 2021, 5:25:53 AM10/20/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Chris,

The spec for the power supply is 24V DC, 3A with a 5.5 x 2.1mm DC plug. A Google search should turn up something similar.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Chris from Iowa

Oct 21, 2021, 2:28:35 PM10/21/21
to Brennan Forum
Nothing too exciting, Fred.  I want to easily be able to disconnect B2 from one location and easily plug B2 into another location, so having 2 adapters would simplify this.

fred.w....@gmail.com

Oct 21, 2021, 7:10:38 PM10/21/21
to Brennan Forum
How sensible :)

Fred

GreyBuzz

Oct 24, 2021, 6:49:14 AM10/24/21
to Brennan Forum
Coaxial plugs
Beware! The supplied coaxial plug on an ad- hoc purchase may not actually have a metric centre pin, it may be imperial ( cue Darth Vader March..) Radio spares/ Farnell etc buy in from Far East where they use imperial measurements, the inner pin can sometimes be too large or small for the socket you have, this can provide intermittent power! And they say they are metric……

Horrid multi-adaptor Coax connector are becoming the norm and they have other issues; double check internal pin diameter as often the outside will mate up but not the inner and May say on the box it fits but only just..

It’s a metric Type A, but as you see there are quite a few that “Nearly fit”!

GreyBuzz

GreyBuzz

Oct 24, 2021, 7:58:31 AM10/24/21
to Brennan Forum

A better explanation of how to tell, if you have eyesight that used to be better!