BB1 Future Feature Request

MRB

Jan 6, 2020, 5:25:21 PM1/6/20
to Brennan Forum

Greetings,

Love my B2 and BB1, particularly the constant addition of features such as NAS and DLNA. I keep the BB2 on 24x7 since it provides the music library for Sonos via NAS, and it's great to be able access my photos and videos using VLC on various mobile devices around the house - thanks to the DLNA server functionality.

It would be a fantastic killer feature if the BB1 could function as a DLNA client so it could display the videos and photos stored on the BB1 using its DLNA server and it own screen - letting people have a portable solution for video and photo viewing -- in addition to music and Youtube video when out of the house.  Currently to do this out of the house - I need to turn on the BB1 hotspot, ssh in to the BB1 to restart miniDLNA , change mobile device to connect to BB1 hotspot and run VLC on the mobile device to access BB1 content other than music.   It's cool and portable, but since the BB1 already has a screen it would be better to just use it and have a complete self-contained solution.  I hope you can figure out how to make the BB1 display photos and videos someday - it would be great.

I look forward to future innovations on these great gadgets and thanks again Martin & Co!

-Mark