Audiobook download bb1

Peter Sinden

Feb 21, 2020, 4:07:07 PM2/21/20
to Brennan Forum
I have successfully downloaded LibriVox books in MP3 format but so far no joy with my Audible library. I think these are AAX files. Any thoughts?
Peter

Daniel Taylor

Feb 21, 2020, 4:33:56 PM2/21/20
to Brennan Forum
Are they MP3 files, or are they AAX files?  The two are not the same.

If you want to convert AAX files to MP3, there are tools online that can do that.  Google "AAX file format".

Mark Fishman

Feb 22, 2020, 4:10:00 PM2/22/20
to Brennan Forum
Audible uses DRM* for all their stuff. The files are "protected" and use an AAC codec. Unless Audible can "authorize" your Brennan and send it the necessary keys, the files should NOT play.

[* DRM == Digital Restrictions Manglement]

It's one of the reasons I gave up on Audible. None of my current devices will play their stuff.