Android app not show correct artist

Mike Lance

Oct 9, 2021, 5:09:54 AM10/9/21
to Brennan Forum
Hello .. any ideas on this please ...

B2 user.
(btw: I'm on Sept software, have done a Scan Disk and am backed up)

Android app - I press the 3dots by the side of the Artist and the Artist name is incorrect.

Here's how it appears, the first 20 Artists have the correct name at the top of the 3dot display.
After that the following Artists have those 20 names applied to them in 'roll on' order ...
ie  artist #21 has Artist #1 name displayed
     artist #22 has Artist #2 name displayed.
                      and so on. (in batches of 20 and then it starts again with #1)

Hope that is clear.
Thanks
Mike

Jeff. M.

Oct 9, 2021, 5:54:15 AM10/9/21
to Brennan Forum
Funny, I just looked, and a lot of my albums are the same, completely different artist names showing! This isn't very good!

JFBUK

Oct 9, 2021, 6:59:43 AM10/9/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Mike & Jeff,

What version of the app have you got installed ?

When I browse in the app on my phone I only see three dots against artists when I click on the web UI connection top left and then browse

When I click on the three dots for a random selection of artists I get the pop up window but with the correct artist name.

I'm not seeing the same issue.

Are you seeing the same behaviour in the web UI on any other platforms ?

John

Mike Lance

Oct 9, 2021, 7:17:52 AM10/9/21
to Brennan Forum
Thanks for the reply John,
App version is 23 Feb 2021 updated.
As you describe, I'm using the web UI option of the app.
The errors are only on the 3dots display.
Those errors don't show on the Artists when I examine the B2 online, from my browser. (via it's IP address)
Not sure this helps much!
Mike

Jeff. M.

Oct 9, 2021, 7:21:02 AM10/9/21
to Brennan Forum
Just looked again, if you click on the dots whilst browsing the list, you can get spurious artist names . However if you click on an album whilst browsing the correct artist name does appear with the dots. So not that big a deal really, just strange!

JFBUK

Oct 9, 2021, 9:11:51 AM10/9/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Mike & Jeff,

I think I see what you may mean now.

I can get the same anomaly.

Initially when you open browse it reports 20 artists but as you scroll further the number increases.

If I click on the three dots of artist 21 in my list I get the name of artist 1.

Artist 41 also reports artist 1 and I'm guessing so will artist 61 etc.

The app is failing to refresh the data it retrieves when you go over 20 artists.

As regards to the version I have a version number not a date.

If you click on the little mini hi-fi  icon , top right of the app, you get the 'Discover' screen

The version number of the Android app is displayed at the bottom of this screen

Mine is
V2.0.1(29)

John

Jeff. M.

Oct 9, 2021, 10:21:12 AM10/9/21
to Brennan Forum
 John my app is same as Mike's 23rd February. The discover page doesn't show the version!

JFBUK

Oct 9, 2021, 10:31:31 AM10/9/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Jeff,

even more intriguing

app.JPG

Daniel Taylor

Oct 9, 2021, 10:33:12 AM10/9/21
to Brennan Forum
John,
Great deduction.  I'm sure if Martin reads your diagnosis, it will point him in the right direction toward finding the problem.  It certainly makes sense to me.

Jeff. M.

Oct 9, 2021, 11:41:42 AM10/9/21
to Brennan Forum
Haha, 🙄 been out in
 the sun, I can see it now! Same version!

Mike Lance

Oct 10, 2021, 12:39:49 PM10/10/21
to Brennan Forum
So ... I think the problem is identified.
Does (or has) this now gone on a list for a fix sometime?
Thanks very much
Mike

JFBUK

Oct 10, 2021, 12:50:30 PM10/10/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Mike,

Paul from Brennan reviews the posts on here Mon-Fri , so I expect him to pick up on this one in the next couple of days.

John

Mike Lance

Oct 10, 2021, 12:58:11 PM10/10/21
to Brennan Forum
Smashing, thanks very much everyone.
Best
Mike

Mike Lance

Jan 23, 2022, 8:37:06 AM1/23/22
to Brennan Forum
This is still an error and ... in trying to delete a folder ... deleted the wrong one because of this cycling naming error.
Any chance of a fix please?
(if you read the prior message - you will see the problem)
Thanks
Mike

PMB

Jan 24, 2022, 6:03:15 AM1/24/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi All,

The 'apps' are about to receive an update and I have forwarded this info to the developer.

Paul
Brennan Support.