B2 freezes when video track found

Steve Jackson

Dec 30, 2021, 5:52:37 AM12/30/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi All,
I am currently loading my CD collection onto my B2 (up to aroubd 1000 so far). Every so often I have found that the B2 freezes when I try to load a CD with video content on it. The B2 seems to go through every track until it gets to around say 80% of the final track of the CD then it will freeze. (I know that the B2 does not like video content so I try to avoid trying to load them but occasionaly I miss one!). Is this normal or should the B2 display an error?

When this happens I have powered off the machine and this seems to fix the problem and I can merrily load more CDs.

P.S. I have also found that the B2 reacts in the same way if it comes across a slightly damaged CD.

Any advice would be appreciated
Many thanks
Steve

Daniel Taylor

Dec 30, 2021, 6:04:44 AM12/30/21
to Brennan Forum
What you've observed seems to be normal for the B2.  I agree that it should put up an error message, but I don't think it does.  It seems like they could tweak the code to handle these situations more gracefully.

My only advice would be for you to rip those CDs on your computer and then transfer the files to the B2.