RED & GREEN FLASH

Roger Cooper

Feb 16, 2022, 4:05:49 AM2/16/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Forum Folks
Power cut here last night and I came downstairs to find green and red flashing lights on my B2 :-(
Have tried power on / power off and have opened it up and reseated the Raspberry card - all to no avail
HELP, What should I do next ???
Roger

PMB

Feb 16, 2022, 4:45:44 AM2/16/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Roger,

I would suspect the operating software, stored on the SD Card, has been corrupted and the B2 can longer read it. Please email us -  thebrennanb2  @  gmail  .  com  - no spaces, with an address for delivery and we will send a new card for you to fit.

Paul
Brennan Support.

fred.w....@gmail.com

Feb 16, 2022, 5:21:44 AM2/16/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Roger,

Yes, Red&Green flashing happens as part of the boot process and quite normal. However, when is ceases to stop the Brennan is saying "someone stole my mind" - for whatever reason (SD Card Failure or Software corruption) it is unable to load its Operating software properly. A catastrophic, but relatively easily solvable problem.
The SD Card is used to store the B2's Operating Software and some of operating data while the B2 is in use (It is NOT the main music repository). Corruptions can occur if the SD Card is failing (they only have a finite life in terms of write operations), if while writing something the power is turned off or if a power glitch causes something to be inadvertently written. The failure mode is not ALWAYS the Red/green flashing, it can also be less catastrophic and manifest as the B2 not behaving as it should/did.
You have told us above that you are OK with taking the back of the B2 and removing the SD Card, that is good.
B2 owners frequently keep a spare SD Card for their unit (either a pre-loaded one form the Brennan Website shop)
a.JPG
Or a store bought SD Card (it does not need to be more than 8 Gb but 16 GB would be OK too - it is just there is no point in getting a HUGE one) on to which you can load the latest version of the Brennan Software (from here on the Brennan Web Site)
a.JPG

Hope this clarifies/helps

Fred