just did an upgrade

Mikki Mason

Oct 31, 2021, 9:40:10 AM10/31/21
to Brennan Forum
just did an upgrade of the software and now its not doing anything and wont respond to remote

Mikki Mason

Oct 31, 2021, 9:49:22 AM10/31/21
to Brennan Forum
or the web ui
i do have a new SD card with the B2B software ready to put in but thought i`d upgrade this one as a backup beforehand

Peter Lowham

Oct 31, 2021, 10:03:33 AM10/31/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Mikki,

When you power up the B2 with the upgraded SD card, do you see any messages on the front panel display?

Do you see green and red flashing lights?

Regards,
Peter.

Mikki Mason

Oct 31, 2021, 10:37:32 AM10/31/21
to Brennan Forum
theres a red light only
i upgraded via the web, ive wired it into a network plug,
 (ive yet to install the new sd card)
may try switching it off and on again to see what happens
as long as i havent lost any of the music

fred.w....@gmail.com

Oct 31, 2021, 10:43:00 AM10/31/21
to Brennan Forum
The Off wait 30 second then on again would be a good move.
Unless you have a VERY old unit, the music is not held on the SD Card.
Fred

Mikki Mason

Oct 31, 2021, 10:49:13 AM10/31/21
to Brennan Forum
well switched it off and on again and now ive got flashing lights and still no response

Peter Lowham

Oct 31, 2021, 10:52:42 AM10/31/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Mikki,

That means that the SD card has not flashed properly or it has gone faulty.  You could try and re-flash it again, and see if that works.

Regards,
Peter.

fred.w....@gmail.com

Oct 31, 2021, 10:55:39 AM10/31/21
to Brennan Forum
Flashing Red and Green indicates the SD Card has become corrupted (a software issue) or has failed (a hardware issue) - former you can re-use it latter throw it away! SD Cards DO NOT last for ever.
Insert your new B2B Card and you should be OK.
Try "Flashing" the old card you removed with the Brennan software and see if it recovers. (if it is a hardware issue your PC mat have trouble flashing it).
Fred

Mikki Mason

Oct 31, 2021, 10:56:53 AM10/31/21
to Brennan Forum
ok thanks will give it a shot

Mikki Mason

Nov 1, 2021, 7:15:59 AM11/1/21
to Brennan Forum
well ive put the new card in with the Updated B2B software, and it started up ok but has been scanning disk all night long, the numbers are changing on each flash but should it be taking this long for a 2TB drive. tried opening the menu, but nothing and no joy from the webui either
any clues wat i should try next

fred.w....@gmail.com

Nov 1, 2021, 7:24:42 AM11/1/21
to Brennan Forum
how full is your 2Tb HDD?

fred.w....@gmail.com

Nov 1, 2021, 7:30:15 AM11/1/21
to Brennan Forum
overnight is a bit excessive, unless you are up to full? do you have any USB storage device plugged in too.? if so this could be the problem.

press Stop/Play on the front and hold the button in until 'saving' appears on the HDD then do a power off reboot.

f.

fred.w....@gmail.com

Nov 1, 2021, 7:33:41 AM11/1/21
to Brennan Forum
Are you sure it has not finished booting/scanning and is now compressing?

Fred

Mikki Mason

Nov 1, 2021, 7:35:46 AM11/1/21
to Brennan Forum
the hard drive has about a 1000 albums on at mp3 high rate
i only got as far as F in my collection which has 545GB mp3`s and bout 150 in my cd collection
so would say somewhere in the region of 100GB used

Mikki Mason

Nov 1, 2021, 7:40:32 AM11/1/21
to Brennan Forum
ok fred tried the play stop button but nothing , i held it for at least 10 seconds
its showing scanning disk 0000, the number changes each flash

fred.w....@gmail.com

Nov 1, 2021, 7:45:16 AM11/1/21
to Brennan Forum
OH That's not good

Try powering off. Wait 30 seconds then power up again.

What happens then.

Fred

Mikki Mason

Nov 1, 2021, 1:57:07 PM11/1/21
to Brennan Forum
tried that fred and  its back to scanning disk1234
 any clues

fred.w....@gmail.com

Nov 1, 2021, 3:10:06 PM11/1/21
to Brennan Forum
The new SD Card - did your Flash it yourself or did it come from Brennan.
- if you did it yourself can you try and do it again.

Fred

Mikki Mason

Nov 1, 2021, 3:55:59 PM11/1/21
to Brennan Forum
no fred it came from martin himself because audiotech should have upgraded it before they sold it

fred.w....@gmail.com

Nov 1, 2021, 6:58:07 PM11/1/21
to Brennan Forum
OK, then I think that your "refurbished" B2 still has a hardware issue (just my opinion).
To me it looks as though there is a problem, because it should NOT take as long as it is to check the HDD during the boot process.
I suggest you take this up with Audiotech.
Fred

Mikki Mason

Nov 1, 2021, 8:27:41 PM11/1/21
to Brennan Forum
cheers fred , here we go again, glad i kept the box this time

Mikki Mason

Nov 1, 2021, 8:59:06 PM11/1/21
to Brennan Forum
gonna try and do the sd flash myself this time using the old card from the b2 (a 16gb toshiba microsd card)
its worth a shot
ive also got an external hard drive adapter so maybe check that on me pc too

fred.w....@gmail.com

Nov 1, 2021, 10:16:22 PM11/1/21
to Brennan Forum
Remember to format the EXTERNAL (USB connected) hard drive using the B2's tools to achieve this. Doing it another way seems to lead to more problems - also remember that any formatting of a device erases its existing content!
Note that a USB drive formatted by the B2 will be "seen" OK by your PC but the PC may moan that there is something wrong with it and offer to repair it. DONT DO/ALLOW THIS REPAIR the device is perfectly OK to use as is.
It is not difficult to flash an SD Card, you will feel proud when you achieve it. Belena Etcher is a dream to use (remember DO NOT unzip the B2 file you download, Etcher will handle it AS IS).
Also B2 USB A is a better port to use than C for attached drives as it has slightly more power available to it.
If it all works, the first thing (after ensuring the B2 is attached to the WiFi or Ethernet cable (but not both at the same time) OK) is to do a Web Upgrade followed by a graceful (Press and Hold Stop/Play button until "saving" appears) power down. then reboot.
You may Then want to do a "Scan Disk " and if this works your B2 will be back in full working mode.

Fred.

PMB

Nov 2, 2021, 5:54:49 AM11/2/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi mason,

Please let us know how you get on repro'ing the SD Card.

As you purchased the B2 from AudioTech, it is their responsibility to get it working properly but we (Brennan) will assist as much as we can.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Mikki Mason

Nov 2, 2021, 10:11:39 AM11/2/21
to Brennan Forum
hiya PMB what kinda warranty do you get with a b2
i only got mine about a month ago, and there have been a few problems with it
now i think my hard drive may be corrupted

Mikki Mason

Nov 2, 2021, 1:34:09 PM11/2/21
to Brennan Forum
ok ive dropped a line to jon at audiotech
to see about a fix under warranty, cheers to you all, for ye help

Peter Lowham

Nov 2, 2021, 1:44:41 PM11/2/21
to Brennan Forum

Hi mikki,

I've just looked on Jon's website and the warranty for refurbished B2 units is 3 months, so you will be fine.

Regards,
Peter.

Mikki Mason

Nov 2, 2021, 3:48:55 PM11/2/21
to Brennan Forum
cheers pete, yeah i double checked myself, but the only proof ive got of ordering is my bank account statement

Peter Lowham

Nov 2, 2021, 4:49:07 PM11/2/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Mikki,

That will be sufficient, so I would not worry!

Regards,
Peter.

PMB

Nov 3, 2021, 4:50:07 AM11/3/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Mikki,

Let us know how you get on with AudioTech.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Mikki Mason

Nov 3, 2021, 10:38:08 AM11/3/21
to Brennan Forum
just had an email from tracy at audiotech  to arrange for pick up of unit for repair so i`ll let the experts fix it

will keep yous informed