direct rip from external ripper

Edward Gross

May 27, 2020, 1:53:05 PM5/27/20
to Brennan Forum
This question may have been answered previously but I can't find it. I have an LG superdrive and
a Brennan B2. I want to rip CD's without the annoying intermediate stip of ripping with the LG to a thumb drive. Is it possible to rip CDs directly to the Brennan without the thumb drive step? which input and what settings can be used?

Davywhizz

May 27, 2020, 3:04:15 PM5/27/20
to Brennan Forum
From the Brennan website:

"You can rip CDs using an external USB CD/DVD drive. You just need to plug an external USB drive into USB C and use it as you would the internal drive.

There are a couple of reasons why you might do this.

1) You can rip more quickly with an external drive
2) If you plan to rip a lot of CDs it will save wear and tear on the internal drive

The LG GP57EB £21.99 rips at about three times faster than the B2 internal drive."