Unable to play selected track

David Kemp

Mar 16, 2021, 12:41:32 PM3/16/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi
I'm just trying to play music from my new Brennan B2. I have the latest software installed. I can select and rename albums etc. from my web browser (have tried several) but when I click on a Play button the screen on the Brennan flickers momentarily and then nothing happens. I have also tried from the Android App with the same result. I have unplugged my USB backup drive and can listen to random music if I press Play on the remote.
Any ideas?
David

Rik

Mar 16, 2021, 2:33:28 PM3/16/21
to Brennan Forum
It sounds to me that you are either now not connected to WiFi or your signal is too weak.

David Kemp

Mar 16, 2021, 3:00:30 PM3/16/21
to Brennan Forum
No, I'm definitely connected with a decent signal and can choose tracks albums etc. from my PC everything works apart from clicking on the play symbol for an album or track and then there's immediately a flicker on the Brennan screen as though it's received an instruction, after that, nothing.

fred.w....@gmail.com

Mar 16, 2021, 3:47:14 PM3/16/21
to Brennan Forum
Just a thought but try (from the front panel) select Settings>Scan Disk
Then press and hold in the "Stop/Play" button until "saving" appears - after the clock reappears try playing again. Does this help?
Fred

David Kemp

Mar 16, 2021, 5:09:52 PM3/16/21
to Brennan Forum
Thanks Fred - that worked a treat, how bizarre!

fred.w....@gmail.com

Mar 16, 2021, 9:29:43 PM3/16/21
to Brennan Forum
Great, glad your sorted.

To me it is not "bizarre" - you need to understand that the B2's interface accesses a database file that describes what is on your hard disk rather than looking at the hard disk itself. What "Scan Disk" does is rebuild this database file so that it matches the actual currant content of the hard disk. Some things you do to your hard disk contents mean that the database and contents become mismatched and your B2 interface seems not to be telling you the truth.
Thus a periodic "Scan Disk" followed by the "Save" process (which makes sure the new database is written to disk) is a good think to do as a first port of call when you have issues.

Fred

David Kemp

Mar 17, 2021, 4:35:54 AM3/17/21
to Brennan Forum
Thanks Fred - that's me told! I understand now but it wasn't initially an intuitive solution to me.

David