new user dumb question

Doug Main

Dec 23, 2020, 2:12:28 PM12/23/20
to Brennan Forum
hi
just recieved today and working through but i cant see how to add my own album art (i own a few obscure cds) as i am not seeing these buttons on my web browser anybody have any helpful hints
Capture.PNG

Davywhizz

Dec 23, 2020, 4:45:52 PM12/23/20
to Brennan Forum
Yes, even I can do it. Look across to the bottom  right of the web user interface, next to the selected album title. You should see either a small pic of the CD cover or a blank square. Click on it and look across to the bottom left for instructions. You can add your own saved pictures but they have to be jpg files I think. You can replace a picture which was loaded as part of the ripping as well as simply filling any gaps.

Alternatively, if you were to rip your CDs on a computer using dBpoweramp software, or similar, you could edit/add art more easily before the rip.

Finally, there's an option in the UI to click on the three dots next to any album title ( top right) and it will offer a couple of other options for finding art.

Rik

Dec 24, 2020, 1:58:11 AM12/24/20
to Brennan Forum
I know how to add Art but as a matter of interest I don’t see these buttons either.( Pressing upload brings up the bottom message)
E736530C-1255-4046-AD45-870986A75CBF.jpeg

Russell...@hotmail.com

Dec 24, 2020, 3:59:39 AM12/24/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Rik - If you press browse on your bottom message - does that not link to your computer files and from there you can select a file? Also what version is your B2 on - it might need to be upgraded to a newer version even if the unit is new. If you click on the "info" button twice on the remote you can see the version or from within the UI click on the Cog wheel and the version should be shown in the top line of information. Cheers Russ

Rik

Dec 24, 2020, 4:07:37 AM12/24/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi, Russell. I’m on the latest software but I’m using the UI on my iPad. ( the browse button links to my iCloud Drive) I wonder if that makes the difference.  Maybe on a PC it appears as Davywhizz shows.
I just thought I ought to say that like Doug I see something different.

Russell...@hotmail.com

Dec 24, 2020, 4:40:48 AM12/24/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Rik - Maybe the Apple / Windows thing is simply the different visuals, I do  not really use Apple much so am not sure either. If you have NAS set up you can always drag/drop or cut/paste the file for a particular album art into that album folder. It must be a .jpg format and in the album folder it pertains to - but once it is in the album art will be displayed in the UI. Cheers Russ

Doug Main

Dec 24, 2020, 4:47:12 AM12/24/20
to Brennan Forum
thanks all
its sorted  by left clicking on the vacant image place holder and then using the upload from pc on LHS - think i got hung up on expecting to see hte buttons i posted above

for info latest version of software as i updated yesterday when i switched it on

thanks

Davywhizz

Dec 24, 2020, 4:57:04 AM12/24/20
to Brennan Forum
All's well that ends well.

Just to be clear, I didn't show anything - mainly because  I don't know how to load a UI screen shot on here! Maybe the photo from the original post was attached to my initial reply? I didn't recognise that pic either: I've always assumed the Brennan website includes some photos of earlier versions of the UI.

Hopefully my description of some ways to add/change album artwork was OK. It works and looks pretty much the same on my Windows laptop, Fire HD tablet and an old iPad I sometimes use for B2 antics.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Rik

Dec 24, 2020, 5:05:18 AM12/24/20
to Brennan Forum
It all makes life interesting. Happy Christmas, everyone, and a better New Year.