JB7 Reindex hangs

Den Anderson

Jan 10, 2022, 8:56:51 AM1/10/22
to Brennan Forum
I think that this has always been the case.
I've got the latest database installed (21st September 2021).
As a software developer I'm wondering whether my software is up to date.
When I press Info I get a v17129 displayed, and Settings->Maintenance->Version gives 17/12/09 07:41

Cheers,
Den

PMB

Jan 10, 2022, 11:29:20 AM1/10/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Den,

There has only ever been two versions of software for the JB7. Mine has the later version which shows the date as 21/09/10  14:36. I think the changes were very subtle.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Den Anderson

Jan 11, 2022, 6:46:46 AM1/11/22
to Brennan Forum
Does anyone have the JB7 software installation file(s) for version 21/09/10 14:36?

Peter Lowham

Jan 11, 2022, 7:23:53 AM1/11/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Den,

I have asked for and searched for the newer versions of JB7 operating software for about a year now, so far without any success.  There is very little technical information available for these models in general.

To all out there --- "Help!!"

Regards,
Peter.

PMB

Jan 12, 2022, 4:23:01 AM1/12/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Peter and Den,

I think I may have a copy on my old laptop but need to dig it out and fire it up to check.

Watch this space.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Peter Lowham

Jan 12, 2022, 7:44:14 AM1/12/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Paul,

That would be really good if you can find it.

Thanks,
Peter.

Den Anderson

Feb 2, 2022, 5:06:02 AM2/2/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Paul,

The new software version is now installed, and my reindex now works!
Peter (and anyone else) I've attached the hex files. Installation instructions below - from Paul

Many thanks for your help.
Den

Updating the JB7 software

There are two versions of the JB7 software - jb1.hex is for a standard JB7 and the jb7i.hex is for the ipod (later) version. You can tell which version you have as when turned it on it shows JB7 or JB7i.

To load the software... you will need a FAT32 formatted memory stick.

Copy the correct hex file into the root (top level) of the memory stick.

Plug it into the jb7.

Scroll through the menu to USB functions >> S/W Upgrade.

Push the rotary control and the software will load - the display will show a count up and then ask you to turn off and back on.

Notes

The update will not work unless the HDD is in working order – the software is stored in Flash memory on the JB7’s main board but uses the HDD as a temporary storage during the update. So it needs to be working.

A word of warning!

If for any reason the update fails and the JB7 freezes during the process, there is no recovery option.

If this happens the only option is to send the JB7 to AudioTech – www.theaudiotech.co.uk - for a replacement main board.

jb7i.hex
jb1.hex

PMB