Random play

Anthony Deighton

Jun 17, 2021, 12:45:27 PM6/17/21
to Brennan Forum
I love my new Brennan b2 but it bugs me that the random play option seems to work only for playlists. Would it be that difficult for a software upgrade to allow random play for an artist or preferably for the entire hard drive. My I pod classic can do that!

Daniel Taylor

Jun 17, 2021, 8:04:31 PM6/17/21
to Brennan Forum
The desire for other types of random play is brought up frequently.  So it is on the wish list.

In the meantime, you can accomplish most of what you want by just making a temporary playlist with just the Artist you want, or just the Album you want.  Playlist entries don't have to be individual songs, you can add and Artist or an Album, too.

I was under the impression that global random play is supposed to work.  With Random turned on (and Classical Mode turned off), select a song directly from the track list for a particular album in the lower right corner of the original WebUI.  When that song is finished, the next one played should be chosen at random.  If I have this wrong, somebody please help out.

PMB

Jun 18, 2021, 3:13:01 AM6/18/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Deigh...,

With the B2 paused (not playing and displaying the clock) pressing NEXT on the front panel starts a random track playing and turns Random mode on. This works on your entire collection.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Anthony Deighton

Jun 18, 2021, 1:24:01 PM6/18/21
to Brennan Forum
It works! Brilliant

Les Stanley

Jun 18, 2021, 6:15:50 PM6/18/21
to Brennan Forum
Another happy customer. You only answered half of his question though.
Would it be that difficult for a software upgrade to allow random play for an artist.

Any news on that one?

PMB

Jun 21, 2021, 2:03:12 AM6/21/21
to Brennan Forum