Automatic Compression to FLAC not occuring

David L Raines

Jul 30, 2021, 10:05:19 PM7/30/21
to Brennan Forum
After ripping a disc, the automatic compression from WAV to FLAC no longer occurs.  I cannot figure out why.   I must manually "Compress Now" to kick start it.   Shouldn't it be doing this in the background when idle?  It used to work.

Peter Lowham

Jul 31, 2021, 5:02:52 AM7/31/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi David,

You might find that you have left a WebUI session open on a PC/ laptop/ phone.  That can prevent compression from running.

If you cannot find the open WebUI, try rebooting the B2 via a power down, remembering to first press and hold  'Play/Stop' until 'Saving' appears on the front panel display, then power up.

Regards,
Peter.

David L Raines

Aug 1, 2021, 8:47:56 PM8/1/21
to Brennan Forum
I tried the power down, made sure all browsers are closed, etc.   After the reboot, I ripped a disc and waited an hour.   It did not try to convert the rip to FLAC either.    Any other ideas?

PMB

Aug 2, 2021, 4:56:01 AM8/2/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi DavidL,

What software version is your B2 running - press INFO on the remote twice or click on the 'gear wheel' tab on the web UI?

Paul
Brennan Support.

David L Raines

Aug 2, 2021, 6:09:17 AM8/2/21
to Brennan Forum
Software Version B2B Jul 26 2021 15:40:05

Peter Lowham

Aug 2, 2021, 6:54:15 AM8/2/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi David,

Does this happen with all CDs or just with one CD?  How many 'wav' tracks are queued at the moment?

If the first 'wav' track in the compression queue is corrupt in any way, that will prevent any further compression happening.  You can check this by:

1.  Go into the WebUI, click on the little 'Cog wheel' icon to open up 'Settins & Stats' window,
2.  Then click on the 'Spanner' icon to open up the Debug window.
3.  Click on the 'Clear' button to clear the Debug window.
4.. From the front panel, select 'Compress Now'
5.  In the Debug window you should see a string of chacacters; the album name and track name should be visible.
6.  Delete that track and go back to step 4 and repeat.

You might have to delete the entire album.

Regards,
Peter.

David L Raines

Aug 2, 2021, 8:46:16 PM8/2/21
to Brennan Forum
This happens with a single CD, does not matter what CD.   If I do Compress Now, all tracks compress without fail.   This is currently my only way of compressing an album.   I just deleted an album off the B2 and am re-ripping the disc and closing the browser.  Let's see if it automatically converts to FLAC.  My guess is that it won't.

PMB

Aug 3, 2021, 5:30:37 AM8/3/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi DavidL,