Retrieving music from an old ipod

lee3...@btinternet.com

Jan 8, 2022, 10:46:57 AM1/8/22
to Brennan Forum
This isn't a Brennan issue but hopefully someone techie will have an inkling.  We have an old iPod (not sure which model)
There is music we have which is only on that machine and we want to retrieve it if possible and send to the Brennan B2 but the snag we have is that the iPod  is linked to an old iTunes account which is not mine.
I have Apple music which was installed as an upgrade with a more recent OS and I still have my account but don't really wish to sync with this iPod and possibly bugger up our collections. Our windows computer doesn't have storage capacity and Apple don't seem to want us to use a back up disc.
Some internet searching seems to suggest that I can access the files through Finder on my Mac when it is connected but it doesn't seem to want to give me that option unless I just don't have the capability.
If someone has an idea for me or further questions I might be able to answer I would be very grateful for any assistance.

Thanks
Lee

Mike W

Jan 8, 2022, 11:16:07 AM1/8/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Lee, if all other options fail then you use a lead to connect to a laptop where you could use a program such as Audacity to get the levels correct then get them in the right structure and names for upload to the B2 via the app upload function.

Mike

JFBUK

Jan 8, 2022, 11:27:43 AM1/8/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Lee,

this may be of interest if you have not already seen it

John

PMB

Jan 9, 2022, 11:00:25 AM1/9/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Lee,

I used a free to download program called 'mobimover' to transfer files from an iPod Classic to my computer (PC). The files arrived in many folders and on closer inspection the tracks had 'tag' names rather than proper titles and tracks from different albums were mixed up across the folders.

I found importing these folders into iTunes sorted out the track names and put them into the correct albums. I then did a copy of the iTunes library to an external USB HDD (this must be FAT32 formatted first so the B2 can read it) which I plugged into the B2 and imported the music.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Robert MILLER

Jan 10, 2022, 12:08:29 PM1/10/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Lee, I have always used CopyTrans Manager which is an alternative to iTunes. This has always worked perfectly to move music around my ipod classic and my PC.... good luck.
Bob