External Disc Drive/USB C

pa...@bamfordfc.co.uk

Feb 16, 2021, 3:36:53 PM2/16/21
to Brennan Forum
I have just bought and external disc drive, which I plug in to USB C in my B2. However, because this disconnects the wi-fi, I’m finding lots of instances of missing album/track information. Can I use USB A instead of C?

Peter Lowham

Feb 16, 2021, 3:49:19 PM2/16/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Paul,

Yes, you can use USB A instead, that's not a problem.  What I'm not sure about is why you are finding missing album/track information, because this information should already be present in the music collection.

Can you give us some examples and a bit more information on what data are missing?

Regards,
Peter.

pa...@bamfordfc.co.uk

Feb 16, 2021, 4:15:30 PM2/16/21
to Brennan Forum
Yes. Billy Bragg Volume II boxed set. CD1. No details when wi-fi disconnected for external CD drive, but available when I reconnected wi-fi. I’ll use USB A, from now on. Thanks for the clarification.

PMB

Feb 17, 2021, 5:43:10 AM2/17/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi pa...,

Without the WiFi dongle the B2 cannot use the online CDDB and may miss some CD titles because the internal CDDB is not so up to date.

You can plug the dongle and ext CD Drive into either USB port without having to change any settings - power off first.

Paul
Brennan Support.