Restoring jb7 back up to B2

Lucy Alexander

Dec 3, 2021, 2:19:07 AM12/3/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi I am trying to transfer the tracks from a JB7 backup (on an external hard drive) to a B2.
The B2 scans and recognises the Hard Drive (it says “USB c mass storage mounted”) but when I click restore on the jb7 functions menu nothing happens. Can any one help?

Lucy Alexander

Dec 3, 2021, 2:24:30 AM12/3/21
to Brennan Forum
It does start trying to work but says no cd mechanism?

PMB

Dec 3, 2021, 6:04:04 AM12/3/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Leeme...,

Power down the B2 - with the B2 paused and displaying the clock, press and hold the Play/Stop button until 'saving' is shown before releasing the button. Wait for the clock to reappear before powering off.

Unplug the JB7 backup HDD and plug it (the backup HDD) into your computer. Ignore any warnings and continue without scanning if asked. You should see a 'hardfi' file. Open this and check you can see a list of Artist/Album folders. Open one of these to check it has some Tracks in it. If all appears OK, close the folders and unplug the HDD from your computer.

Plug the HDD into the B2 - USB C - and power on. Wait for the B2 to fully boot up. When the green led starts to flash (indicating that the B2 is scanning the contents of the back up HDD), press and hold the Play/Stop button until the scanning stops.

Now use the front control to navigate to the USB menu >> JB7 Functions >> Restore USB C.

Let us know how it goes.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Lucy Alexander