Orange heads disappeared

Jim Wade

Mar 14, 2022, 7:59:39 AM3/14/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi,

Until recently I had orange' heads' for all my artists (I keep HDD in USB C all the time) but recently these no longer appear for just the most recently ripped CDs. Plugging the HDD into my Mac I can see that these recent CDs are on the backup HDD.  Just curious whether there is a problem. I have also noticed that there is a significant mismatch between the numbers of tracks & artists on the B2 and a (very recent) backup.  The HDD backup is 2TB:

Software Version B2 Mar 10 2022 10:28:42

28847 tracks in 2029 albums 627 artists

1 WAV 28846 FLAC 0 MP3 0 AAC

Capacity 2000.00G Used 666.96Gb

USB 28532 tracks in 2000 albums 592 artists

0 Youtubes

Until recently the USB HDD backup numbers were all greater than those shown for the B2: I assumed this was because I may have made minor changes to artists' details on the B2.

Any thoughts welcome!

Jim

fred.w....@gmail.com

Mar 14, 2022, 8:45:46 AM3/14/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Jim,

Not sure exactly what you mean, but orange heads indicate that that item of music is on the USB attached disk plugged into the back of the B2.
The non orange items are on the B2's HDD.

Your stats indicate that you have 28846 FLAC items (music tracks) on your HDD and 1 WAV track = 28847 Tracks in total

Your USB disk however has just  28532 tracks on it. If the USB disk is a backup of the B2', then it is not up to date.

I would suggest you power off your B2 after saving it. Then remove the USB.
Next Boot up the B2  and run a "Scan Disk". Then save again and power off.
Plug the USB back in and reboot.

Now look at your statistics again - they may have changed but whatever they are this will be what IS on each device.

Fred.

PMB

Mar 15, 2022, 3:55:49 AM3/15/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Jim,

Please try Fred's suggestions and let us know what you find.

Paul
Brennan Support.