Ripping to Wav files not FlAC..

rich farris

Aug 19, 2021, 6:36:26 PM8/19/21
to Brennan Forum
  B2 ripping to WAV files.. How do I change back to FLAC compression??

       RICH

fred.w....@gmail.com

Aug 19, 2021, 6:50:55 PM8/19/21
to Brennan Forum
HI Rich,

The B2 will ALWAYS rip to WAV (that is the CD format). However, once ripped, when the B2 is idle, it will then start to compress the WAV files into the compressed format you have specified using the menu system. The default is FLAC. So this is a two stage process.

Fred

Peter Lowham

Aug 19, 2021, 6:57:17 PM8/19/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Rich,

The compression setting is located in the front panel control at:

'Settings' --> 'Compression' --> 'FLAC'

But please note that the Brennan ripping process is a two stage event; in stage 1 the CD is RIPPED in 'wav' format to the HDD, followed by stage 2 when the 'WAV' files are COMPRESSED to the selected format.  The compression stage only occurs if the B2 is not doing any other task, and leaving the WebUI open counts as an active task and will prevent the stage 2 compression from starting.

Regards,
Peter.

rich farris

Aug 19, 2021, 7:23:51 PM8/19/21
to Brennan Forum
   I knew this... Been away for awhile and forgot..thanks for the quick reply..
    Rich

fred.w....@gmail.com

Aug 19, 2021, 9:11:26 PM8/19/21
to Brennan Forum
If your impatient there is also the menu
'Settings' --> 'Compress Now'
command
but then you must not do anything with the B2 or it will stop the compression and deal with whatever you asked it to do instead.

Fred