Technologically challenged

John Goodger

Jun 28, 2020, 11:43:32 AM6/28/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi All, new to group. Finding the app really variable. Have had B2 since late 2018.
First question, as I accidentally deleted an artist, can I undelete them?
Second question, finding inserting CDs quite difficult...says "cd empty" , but don't suppose there could be one stuck in there?
Third question. Do I need to update software?
Many Thanks
John

Peter Lowham

Jun 28, 2020, 8:09:00 PM6/28/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi John,

Q1. Once you delete an atist or an album then it/they is/are gone, unless you have a backup to copy back from.

This raises the question of having a backup of your music; if you haven't done an 'Export' to a USB backup device, please do this ASAP otherwise you could lose your valuable music collection at any time.  The Brennan is a computer system and, like any computer system, it can behave unpredicably, with the total loss of data being one of the end results.

Q2. It is unlikely that there is a CD stuck in the unit if you can insert other CDs, but refer to Q3 below.

Q3. What  version of B2 software are you running on?  To find out, using the B2 remote control, press the 'Info' button twice and the 'Version' should show on the display panel.  If you post this here, then we can give you further advice.

Regards,
Peter.

Peter Lowham

Jun 29, 2020, 7:50:28 AM6/29/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi John,

The sofftware version can be found using the WebUI.  Open this up, and in the left hand window top-right side there is a little cog wheel. Click on this and a new window opens up.  The software version will be shown in that window.

Regards,
Peter.

John Goodger

Jul 1, 2020, 2:41:48 PM7/1/20