Trying to connect via NAS but getting minidlna

Tutan Veron

Oct 23, 2020, 3:50:05 AM10/23/20
to Brennan Forum
I’m asking this on behalf of another B2 owner, so apologies if details are a bit thin.

Having enabled NAS on the B2 the B2 is visible in network on windows file manager. However, when following the instructions on the Brennan website selecting the B2 brings up a window 192.168.1.112:8200 labelled Minidlna status with no prompt for user and password.

I think this is in Windows 10. Has anyone come across this or have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Peter Lowham

Oct 23, 2020, 6:26:20 AM10/23/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Tutan,

The problem here is that 'DLNA' has been turned on.  This should be turned off.  To do this, from the B2 front panel go to:

'Main menu' --> 'Settings' --> 'Maintenance' --> 'DLNA' -- select 'DLNA Off'

Then from 'Maintenance' --> Start NAS' (to ensure that NAS is still enabled)

Going back to the PC, if the B2 is showing in Win Explorer 'Netwok' probably as 'BRENNANB2', when you click on this icon to openit, you will be asked for a username (root) and a password (brennan).

Sometimes in Windows 10, a bit more might be required but if so just post back here and we'll help you out.

Regards.
Peter.

Tutan Veron

Oct 23, 2020, 7:02:58 AM10/23/20