CDs won't play or rip

Robert

Oct 7, 2021, 3:32:54 AM10/7/21
to Brennan Forum
Hello

Just got my B2 and I can't get it to work at all.

If I put in a CD it says 'Loading' but nothing else happens and after a while it goes back to the main screen and says 'CD empty'

Apologies if there are threads covering this already - I have tried searching the group with no luck.

Any help would be appreciated

Regards

Rob

JFBUK

Oct 7, 2021, 4:02:52 AM10/7/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi,

Try  a reset of the CD drive

Using the remote or the front panel navigate through the menus to

SETTINGS>MAINTENANCE>ADVANCED>RESET CD

John

PMB

Oct 7, 2021, 4:16:02 AM10/7/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Rob,

You could also try a Web Upgrade - Settings menu - to make sure the B2 is running the latest software.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Robert

Oct 9, 2021, 8:47:10 AM10/9/21
to Brennan Forum
I've tried both those suggestions and still exactly the same - what's next please?

Rob

JFBUK

Oct 9, 2021, 9:19:34 AM10/9/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Rob,

If you post the details of a CD that won't load I will check the Musicbrainz (public database that the B2 uses) to see if its there or not.

This may not be the cause but it may aid diagnosis.

The B2 does appear to be having some intermittent issues with Musicbrainz at the moment and Martin Brennan and his team are looking at them

Paul from Brennan will see your continued problems when he reads the forum posts on Monday and  suggest next steps.

John

Robert

Oct 9, 2021, 9:40:40 AM10/9/21
to Brennan Forum
Thanks John - I've tried loads - including some basic common or garden ones like

Bob Dylan Blood on the Tracks Columbia 467842 2
Black Sabbath Paranoid ESM CD 302 GAS 0000302ESM

JFBUK

Oct 9, 2021, 9:55:15 AM10/9/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Rob,

Both there , not a surprise.

The B2 does normally cope with CDs it does not find in the database so it was a bit of punt anyway.

Its possible that there is a hardware issue with the CD drive and Paul will have to advise on that.

Robert

Oct 9, 2021, 9:58:50 AM10/9/21
to Brennan Forum
Thanks John

PMB

Oct 11, 2021, 4:47:39 AM10/11/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi rwsh...,

If the issue is isolated to just those two CDs (and a small number of others) it sounds like it may be a software issue and we will investigate.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Robert

Oct 11, 2021, 7:07:08 AM10/11/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Paul

No - that was just an example for John to check - I can't get ANY CDs to play or rip - probably tried 40 or so - it just doesn't work at all

Rob

PMB

Oct 12, 2021, 3:44:29 AM10/12/21
to Brennan Forum