Rip failures

David Trousdale

Oct 13, 2021, 1:08:10 PM10/13/21
to Brennan Forum
My CD drive stops ripping at random most of the time. The first 300 or so of my CD collection ripped just, fine but now at over 400 CDs, it stops most of the time at varying points in the process by shutting down and ejecting the CD every time. I cleaned the lens once, and that seemed to help for a short while. I also check the CD surface for any debris. What else can I do to troubleshoot this?

David Trousdale

Oct 13, 2021, 1:25:52 PM10/13/21
to Brennan Forum
Rats! Now it has stopped altogether: the screen is frozen on DB Lookup, the UI shows CD Empty (it isn't), and the Eject nor Play/Stop buttons work.

David Trousdale

Oct 13, 2021, 3:06:25 PM10/13/21
to Brennan Forum
Fire drill, maybe? I ran Scan Disc and Cleanup and then a soft re-boot. Finished the last 3 CDs I was going to do for now with no issues.

David Trousdale

Oct 13, 2021, 4:57:34 PM10/13/21
to Brennan Forum
One last note: I just discovered that whatever I did (Scan Disk, Cleanup) "uncovered" 7-8 rips that were apparently completed but not visible. Lot to learn here!

Daniel Taylor

Oct 13, 2021, 5:24:27 PM10/13/21
to Brennan Forum
Interesting stuff.

The only thing that I can say that might be of any help is this:  Scan Disk rebuilds the B2's internal listing of what's on the HDD.  So it has the potential to reveal albums that have gone "missing."  But what causes it in the first place is a puzzlement.

PMB

Oct 14, 2021, 5:54:35 AM10/14/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi dtrou,

I would always recommend running Scan Disk if any Albums you have loaded are not displayed as expected.

Paul
Brennan Support.