Digital

Patrick Cain

Feb 16, 2021, 6:37:29 AM2/16/21
to Brennan Forum
I was wondering if my denon mini system could be used to connect a B2. It has a digital optical input but  the manual carrues this warning:

• Other digital audio signals than 2 channel linear PCM cannot be input
through DIGITAL IN (OPTICAL) connector of this unit.
• When you try to input digital audio signals other than 2 channel linear
PCM to this unit, set the digital audio output setting of the TV to 2
channel PCM. For details, see the operating instructions of the TV.

So is the B2 optical output a two channel linear PCM ?

Daniel Taylor

Feb 16, 2021, 7:38:21 AM2/16/21
to Brennan Forum
The B2 digital output is two channel PCM.  It will be wonderful with your Denon mini system.

The cable you will need has a mini-Toslink connectoron the B2 end, and a standard Toslink connector on the Denon end.  It is an optical cable, so be sure not to bend it sharply.

Patrick Cain

Feb 16, 2021, 9:11:54 AM2/16/21
to Brennan Forum
Many thanks