Cover Art

Michael Sneade

Mar 14, 2021, 11:10:59 AM3/14/21
to Brennan Forum
Unbelievably Amazon or Musicbrainz cannot find the correct cover art for Paul McCartney & Wings album Back To The Egg.
I have tried downloading one from the internet and then adding it to the album file via NAS and then running scan disk but it won't add.
I noticed that cover art used to be jpeg and they now appear to be jfif.

Is that the reason why?

Mike

osro...@yahoo.com

Mar 14, 2021, 1:48:39 PM3/14/21
to Brennan Forum
I get all most of my artwork from here, check it out: https://fanart.tv/artist/d922d727-240a-4432-9a88-05a7cf9bc403/wings/

Rocky

Daniel Taylor

Mar 14, 2021, 2:44:48 PM3/14/21
to Brennan Forum
When loading files to the B2 as NAS, don't expect it to be instantaneous.  If the lag is long enough, it might look like it failed, when it's just not done yet.  OTOH, it won't take all afternoon either.  ;o)

Cover art for the Brennan units must be JPG files, eg. coverart.jpg.

osro...@yahoo.com

Mar 14, 2021, 2:57:46 PM3/14/21
to Brennan Forum
You can also covert art that's not JPEG by:
1. Right clicking on the art
2. Open with Paint
3. Click File
4. Save As
5. Click JPEG picture

Michael Sneade

Mar 14, 2021, 3:58:44 PM3/14/21
to Brennan Forum
Brilliant., that's solved it.

Thanks for your help.

Mike

Bob Fishleigh

Mar 14, 2021, 4:20:41 PM3/14/21
to Brennan Forum
An even quicker way is to find the artwork you need online (Google will usually find the image) and then right click on the required image  and copy it.
Then, back in the Web UI, put the mouse pointer at the place you want the artwork (usually bottom right header).
You can't right click and paste (Webmasters please note) but all you need to do is Ctrl V (or Mac equiv).
Done.

Ray

Mar 17, 2021, 1:41:30 PM3/17/21
to Brennan Forum
Sounds like a bit of  a faff! I simply find a suitable google image and drag/drop it onto the UI album art image panel.