Mitch Russo

Jan 31, 2021, 7:56:46 PM1/31/21
to Brennan Forum
I was wondering if there is or will be a hand held remote for the B1. It would have come in handy this past weekend!

Thanks,
Mitch

Daniel Taylor

Jan 31, 2021, 8:16:07 PM1/31/21
to Brennan Forum
I don't think there's an infrared receiver on the BB1, so it's probably not gonna happen.  However, there is the WebUI which can be controlled by any phone or tablet that has a web browser.  That makes a pretty good remote control.

fred.w....@gmail.com

Jan 31, 2021, 11:42:03 PM1/31/21
to Brennan Forum
Yes, your phone is able to control your BB1,
------------------------------------ taken from the Brennan BB1 web pages-----------------------------
The Web UI

The Brennan can be controlled from a web browser on the same wifi network. The browser can be on a computer, tablet or mobile phone. This is called the Web UI.

You don’t need the web UI for basic playing - but you will need it for several functions like finding radio stations, setting presets, creating Playlists, ripping CDs - you can think of the web UI as a super remote control.

To start the web UI type the IP Address into the Address bar of the browser.

Your BB1 can provide its own WiFi "Hotspot" or (with the "hotspot" function turned off) connect to your house's WiFi.

PMB

Feb 1, 2021, 4:54:50 AM2/1/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Mitch,

You can use the web UI without a WiFi network by using the BB1's hotspot - this will allow you to connect your device (laptop/tablet/phone) with the BB1 and open the web UI page.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Mitch Russo

Feb 1, 2021, 8:22:33 PM2/1/21