mp3 formats

Fred Bloggs

Nov 18, 2018, 9:29:09 AM11/18/18
to Brennan Forum
I am sure this will have been asked before.  Somewhere.

I can't find a straight answer though..

What MP3 bit rates can the B2 PLAY?   I have read the B2 can encode MP3 files at 128k but I already have a large library of MP3 files at 320k - is the B2 able to play these or only 128k?

lesliebr...@gmail.com

Nov 18, 2018, 9:57:10 AM11/18/18
to Brennan Forum
The B2 default rip compression is to FLAC, you can also select 128k and 256k mp3 bit rates, or no compression if desired (stays as WAV). The B2 will play all bit rates as far as I have found. Whether they are playing at their originally ripped bit rate I'm not sure, but they definitely will all play. I have some mp3s at varying bit rates and all play.

JustAnOrdinaryJoanna

Nov 19, 2018, 4:34:44 AM11/19/18
to Brennan Forum
Leslie, I think that it's because the JB7 had a number of bit rates as rip options, including 320k so as the JB7/B2 are compatible it works.
I confess that when I first got my JB7, I thought that only the 128k was mp3 & the higher rates were a different format somehow, not realising that there would be different rates. I ripped all mine at 320k on the JB7, but though I could decided not to transfer the backup to the B2 & rip again to the lossless flac.