Strange power issue with the B2

Dec Fay

May 31, 2021, 5:02:35 AM5/31/21
to Brennan Forum

Hi,

I have a B2 that wouldnt power on (no LED's showing) and tried with two seperate power supplys,

I opened it up to see if was anything obvious and found if I have the power connected and then power the Raspberry PI directly via USB it starts up fine, and even after I remove the USB cable it continues to run fine.

Once the device is powered off the same problem happens, no power / LEDs unless I start it up with the USB cable

Has anyone seen this before / could recommend any way to get it fixed?

Thanks

PMB

May 31, 2021, 5:45:54 AM5/31/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Deck,

There's a voltage regulator on the motherboard that supplies the Raspberry Pi and I'm suspecting that's not starting up when power is applied.

Please email us on -   thebrennanb2   @   gmail   .   com   - no spaces, with a brief description of the issue and we will get it sorted for you.

Paul
Brennan Support.