John Coggins

May 19, 2021, 8:46:00 AM5/19/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Could you please tell me where to find the export command so I can back the B2 music up to a Hard Drive from the  no3 USB port.Thanks

Peter Lowham

May 19, 2021, 8:57:32 AM5/19/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi John,

First, you need to check that your USB Backup HDD is formatted as 'FAT32' (not 'exFAT' or 'NTFS').  Yon can check this on a PC/Mac/Chromebook in Explorer/Finder 'Properties.

Then from the B2 front panel go to 'Main menu' --> 'USB Functions' --> 'Export to C' and click on this (or 'Export to A' if you are using USB A)

Here is a link to the B2 Menu & Functions Summary.

Regards,
Peter.

Peter Lowham

May 19, 2021, 10:22:42 AM5/19/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi All,

I received a message from John via PM as follows.

Thanks Peter got it sorted now. Regards John.

Rob DeLany

May 19, 2021, 1:35:20 PM5/19/21
to Brennan Forum
All of my back up drives are NTFS. how do I back up my BB2?

fred.w....@gmail.com

May 19, 2021, 4:27:04 PM5/19/21
to Brennan Forum
You have to reformat them (or one of them) to FAT32 for use with a B2.
NOTE! reformatting a drive will cause loss of all data previously on that drive - so make sure that there is nothing you want to keep on it before you do this.

To reformat an NTFS formatted drive to be FAT32 format, Use the B2 to achieve this.
Plug the drive into USB pot A on the back of the B2
Go to the front screen and using this and the round knob use the menus thus
"Main Menu > Settings > Maintenance > Format USB "
a.jpg
Fred