B1 accessories?

Bill Lewis

Apr 26, 2021, 12:46:27 PM4/26/21
to Brennan Forum
Hello All,

I'm new to the Brennan line, and just purchased a B1 and loving it so far. Very nicely built piece of hardware, with a lot of great features that sound and works great.

Being in the Electronics and computer fields for the past 20+ years, I was wondering if there is any interest in an add-on stand that plugs into the usb ports on the back of the B1, that would add audio ports and possibly a CD burner to the B1? Ideally I'd like it to have the following features::

Keep the knobs and buttons in the front for easy access.
Flip the screen upside down to make it easier to read. ( or add a screen like the B2)
Add an additional amp to the B1 to provide more power.
Add a front loaded CD burner.

I've googled for various mods or hacks for the B1, but I've so far found very little information. Is the B1 designed as a closed system, or a black box, or does the Brennan
provide additional information on the inner workings of the B1?

I've I'm being out of line asking for licensed information or otherwise, my apologies.

Also any thoughts or suggestions would also apricated.

Thanks for your time.

Bill

fred.w....@gmail.com

Apr 26, 2021, 2:54:53 PM4/26/21
to Brennan Forum
Have you looked at Brennan's B2 product? :))

PMB

Apr 27, 2021, 4:27:29 AM4/27/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Bill,

Thank you for your suggestions.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Bill Lewis

Apr 30, 2021, 10:52:41 PM4/30/21
to Brennan Forum
Hello Paul,

Thanks. I just updated the memory to 256gb, I filled up that 32gb card pretty quick, lol. It was too easy, and the instructions were spot on. I love the way the B1 was designed.
I ended up buying the same SanDisk Ultra micro card from Best Buy that was included in the unit for a really good price. I had a Samsung  EVO select card laying around from
one of my Android devices, but I wasn't sure it would work as well.

Anyways, the next plan is to build a platform for the B1 to do some testing. I was wondering, if you don't mind me asking, what are the brains on the B1? Raspberry, or some other
single board computer?

Thanks.

Bill

Peter Lowham

May 1, 2021, 5:57:12 AM5/1/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Bill,

The BB1 unit uses the Raspberry-Pi Model Zero WH (Rev 1.2) and has 512MB of memory.

Regards,
Peter.

Sean Inglis

May 7, 2021, 10:41:01 AM5/7/21
to Brennan Forum
Ah, that explains the restriction on using bluetooth headphones / speakers with streaming radio - https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/issues/1402 - that issue's still there on a Pi4 so I imagine it's not sorted on a ZeroW. Bring back 3.5mm jacks as standard on board I say, they never fail.