YouTube in playlists

Alan Keen

Feb 22, 2021, 11:40:14 AM2/22/21
to Brennan Forum
I have noticed that a YouTube plays quite happily in a mixed playlist of tracks, albums and YouTubes but only if the YouTube is selected to play first.  After that no other YouTubes play.
I tick "Enable YouTube Cache" in settings but notice that if I then move from settings to another screen such as playing now and then back to settings "Enable YouTube Cache" is unticked.  I have tried it on both versions of the Android App and in Chrome on a windows 10 pc.  It doesn't seem to matter if I select "Original" ; "Mobile" ; "New Mobile" or "New".  Still the same result.  "Enable YouTube Cache" unticks if I leave the settings screen.

I have the latest Software 14th Feb.

Cheers:)

PMB

Feb 23, 2021, 4:14:10 AM2/23/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Alana..,

Are the YouTubes you are adding to the Playlist saved to cache?

I've tried settings as you describe and 'Enable YouTube Cache' appears to be saved. What's the WiFi signal like at the B2 - Maintenance menu >> WiFi Strength?

Paul
Brennan Support.

Alan Keen

Feb 23, 2021, 9:01:14 AM2/23/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reply.
The B2 is on Ethernet.
If the YouTube is green ticked in "History" its cached isn't it?  If not how do I cache it?

Cheers,
Alan Keen :)

PMB

Feb 24, 2021, 3:38:40 AM2/24/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Alan,

Not sure if the green tick means saved or fully downloaded - need to check.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Alan Keen

Feb 25, 2021, 8:06:32 AM2/25/21