Latest version of Sonos App - don't go there

Gingerp30

May 14, 2024, 2:53:54 PMMay 14
to Brennan Forum
If anyone asks (including your device)  - do NOT leave Sonos Version 16.1..

I have NEVER seen such a cockup.. I trusted Sonos; always installed the latest release (please no speeches about caution or not fixing what's not broke)  STILL, there were a lot of Sonos users suckered.)

Do not update to the latest version until you know for sure that it won't ruin your life (or at least your music setup).

On the Sonos users' site some (IMO) crazy github/blahblah for Android users to revert but we IOS people - fuggeddaboudit.

Anyway the solution: a small company I think in Denmark with an App, SONOPHONE, available in the MAC store (for Ipad and Iphone) abt  $3 (US).

I am not - well, maybe I am in a way, a person invested in TECH...I often think of other stuff - but this took about 5 seconds to get working.   (I have 1 B2 and one SONOS).

Pat M

Mark Fishman

May 14, 2024, 4:54:40 PMMay 14
to Brennan Forum
This forum has been archived. There is a new Brennan forum --

PLEASE go there and repost this information. I agree with you 100% -- the 80.0 version of the Soos app is a DISASTER. Fortunately I have an Android phone, so I could go back -- but the iDevice users on the new forum need to know about alternatives.
 -- m.