import problem when video on the disc

Pickle and One Sock

Jul 8, 2020, 11:18:21 AM7/8/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi

Apologies if this has been asked before. I did do a search but there is so many messages here I could not find anything.

If a cd has a video file on the end, it will rip to that file then completely freeze. The B2 becomes totally frozen and, with a wince, I have to pull the power lead. I understand enough about computers to know that pulling the power like this will eventually destroy the hard drive and wondered if there is a way for this to be addressed?

There are some discs where the video file is listed, but many that are not. It would be preferable to not destroy the disc before I have at least ripped all my CDs and enjoyed the fruits of many months spent doing it.

Any ideas much appreciated.

Peter Lowham

Jul 8, 2020, 11:30:16 AM7/8/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Pickle,

This is a known problem with the B2 and 'non standard' CDs. The B2 does not know how to process these 'special files' and crashes.

 I believe that the Brennan team is looking at the problem, but it could be a while before a resolution becomes available.  Other users have ripped these CDs on a PC or Mac and then loaded the music tracks onto the B2 via NAS or USB.

Regards,
Peter.

Pickle and One Sock

Jul 8, 2020, 11:55:20 AM7/8/20
to Brennan Forum
Thank you Peter

Yes, I have an ever growing pile to do via computer.

Thank you for your prompt reply.