Unable to 'Browse' Beyond H on Android app

Steven Kennard

Feb 11, 2021, 12:43:07 PM2/11/21
to Brennan Forum
Hello all,
I am unable to browse beyond H on the new app and Search beyond Andr*** on the web UI. A specific search for artists or albums beyond those letters find them, but the browse is broken. Android app.
You have to know you have something in particular to search for it. With over 3300 albums that isn't practical obviously... :D
Anyone else?
Cheers,
Steven

Mike W

Feb 11, 2021, 1:41:45 PM2/11/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Steven, just tried mine and working fine, it's all pretty instant as well....

Mike

Steven Kennard

Feb 11, 2021, 2:29:01 PM2/11/21
to Brennan Forum
Thanks Mike. Mine is pretty quick, just stops dead and goes no farther after H (and A on the web UI).
I wonder what causes this to stop there?
It's very annoying and restricting as it only allows a search for specific tracks, albums or artists if you know what they are.
Steven

Peter Lowham

Feb 11, 2021, 2:50:26 PM2/11/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Steven,

I'm not any sort of expert on this issue but I think I saw another thread on this forum recently where the problem was triggered by what was considered to be 'over zealous' scrolling through the listing pages.  So when you get to the 'H' list of information on your device, try giving it a couple of seconds before scrolling to the next set of pages.

Regards,
Peter.

Steven Kennard

Feb 11, 2021, 3:30:38 PM2/11/21
to Brennan Forum
Thanks Peter.
Unfortunately no amount of patience fixes the problem. Nothing more loads beyond those H and A listings. On a web browser on the laptop, the list takes a little time to populate all the way down, so I am not unfamiliar with the idea of waiting to load it all. Not so the Android app, though. Or Android web UI.
Cheers
Steven

PMB

Feb 12, 2021, 3:38:18 AM2/12/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Steven,

What's your WiFi like - check the signal at the B2 - Maintenance menu >> WiFi Strength? Experience has shown that this needs to be in the -50 to -60dBm range (-50dBm is a stronger signal than -60dBm) and not fluctuate too much for a reliable connection.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Daniel Taylor

Feb 12, 2021, 8:05:10 AM2/12/21
to Brennan Forum
If you WiFi signal strength is good, then consider this suggestion:
Try the listing with both Alphabetical on and then off.  Does it stop on the same album or artist both ways?  If it is the same, then try deleting that album or artist and see what happens then.

Steven Kennard

Feb 12, 2021, 10:11:01 AM2/12/21
to Brennan Forum
Thanks Paul. It is 53-59. It does seem to fluctuate in that range.

Steven Kennard

Feb 12, 2021, 10:15:54 AM2/12/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Daniel.

If I turn off Alphabetical it goes to a totally different artist (Joshua, not an H). On the Android web UI, it lists 50 entries (artists).

Daniel Taylor

Feb 12, 2021, 10:18:35 AM2/12/21
to Brennan Forum
Your WiFi signal strength is not great.  With those readings, you will probably continue to have various problems.
To improve your signal strength, try the following:
Move your B2 closer to your router.
Switch the WiFi dongle to USB C.
Move your WiFi dongle to the end of a USB extension cable.
You can buy a new WiFi dongle that has an antenna.  Look for one that has the RT5370 chipset.
If none of that helps, you could try plugging a network cable between the inside back of the B2 and your router (and remove the WiFi dongle).

PMB

Feb 12, 2021, 11:30:57 AM2/12/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Steven,

Your WiFi signal looks OK'ish - try locating the B2 closer to the router and get the signal closer to -50dBm to see if it improves the issue.

I have a modest 320 Artists on my B2 and scrolling through them all works OK - running the app on a Kindle fire. However I have found if I scroll past the list of Artists I start to see Albums (items with the disc symbol in front) and these scroll great but come to a hard stop at the G's. Definitely won't scroll any further. This equates to circa 500 items - how many Artists have you got on your system?

Paul
Brennan Support.

Steven Kennard

Feb 12, 2021, 11:42:11 AM2/12/21
to Brennan Forum
Thanks Daniel.
I am wondering why search works so well and quickly, every time?
And so having tried #3 (wifi extender) and #4 (C port) of your suggestions (the only possible ones) I now have a signal of about 35-39.
It has made no difference to this issue. And why does it always stop at the same track at H. And at A on the web UI? Wouldn't it vary if it were related to the signal?
Steven

Steven Kennard

Feb 12, 2021, 11:49:42 AM2/12/21
to Brennan Forum
Thanks Paul. It scrolls quickly and efficiently right up until it stops.
I have 1389 artists. I can't get past the H of artists at Hilary Reynolds Band. On a quick count I think that hits the 500 items.
I got the signal to be much better as in the previous post but no change to this.

The Android web UI seems to stick at 50 items .

Mike W

Feb 12, 2021, 1:52:46 PM2/12/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Steven, had a bit of a play and I get the same as you if I select the web ui at the top left of the app screen, both browse and search are limited to the first few entries.

If you select the hi-fi graphic on the top right then browse/search works as normal.

There's obviously a bit of a bug in the web ui element of the app....

Daniel Taylor

Feb 12, 2021, 2:05:50 PM2/12/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Steven,
You've done your due diligence and ruled out WiFi strength a the culprit.  It seems you may have uncovered a new bug.  We'll all be standing by for more news on this, and other stories. ;o)

Steven Kennard

Feb 12, 2021, 6:54:27 PM2/12/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Mike
When I select the hi-fi graphic on the top right of the app all I get is the actual Brennan that is on my network and the option to find another. I don't see any search or browse. Not sure if I understood you correctly.

Steven Kennard

Feb 12, 2021, 6:55:52 PM2/12/21
to Brennan Forum
We look forward to news on this!
And thanks for the troubleshooting tips that helped me work through the possibilities!

Russell...@hotmail.com

Feb 13, 2021, 4:32:28 AM2/13/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Steven & All - If I browse from within Web UI on the App & select Browse option from the bottom L/H side of the screen I can only get as far as "D" in my artists list. If on the other hand I select Browse from the bottom of the "top" screen without selecting Web UI and Browse being second in from the L/H side on the bottom screen options, I can see all the artists - of around 500 or so. Not sure if this helps you but maybe it's an option. Cheers Russ

Mike W

Feb 13, 2021, 4:44:16 AM2/13/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Steven, if you choose the graphic in the top right, select the brennan in the next page , then browse at the bottom of the screen you will be able to scroll through all of the albums.

Any other option on either of the app top line selections causes the list to prematurely stop.

Mike

Steven Kennard

Feb 13, 2021, 12:17:03 PM2/13/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Mike.
I still get no farther than 500 items. Stops at that H artist.
Steven

Mike W

Feb 14, 2021, 3:34:57 PM2/14/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Steven, I'm afraid it probably needs Paul/Martin to have a look at the app taking what we can see happening and hopefully provide either an explanation of something we're doing wrong or a bit of a bug fix...
Mike

PMB

Feb 15, 2021, 4:56:02 AM2/15/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Steven,

Just to be clear the problem is with the android app when browsing using the app or the web UI (selected from the app).

Does your web UI work OK if you run it from a browser page (Chrome, Safari, etc)?

Paul
Brennan Support.

Steven Kennard

Feb 15, 2021, 10:38:27 AM2/15/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Paul

It goes well beyond on Chrome browser. Bearing in mind that the WebUI on the app stops at 50, this is going well beyond the 500 mark.

Cheers

Steven

PMB

Feb 16, 2021, 4:33:29 AM2/16/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Steven,

Thanks. We are investigating.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Steven Kennard

Feb 16, 2021, 10:51:57 AM2/16/21
to Brennan Forum
Thanks ,
I have done the test you requested on another thread (using the v3m.html link) and the issue of the loading limitation is still present.
Cheers
Steven

Steven Kennard

Feb 16, 2021, 11:04:36 AM2/16/21
to Brennan Forum
On the old app on the search and on the main list, they both scroll a very, very long way (never counted, assume it goes to the end) with a slight delay (to be expected) as it loads. Now it stops at 500 on the search and 50 on the web UI.
Just checked on my Samsung S6 tablet on the old app as I recall having a similar issue in the past with the app (on the phone).
If you can provide access to the old app version before this I will check to see if it is the same on the phone as the tablet.
Cheers
Steven

paul cook

Feb 17, 2021, 10:30:37 AM2/17/21
to Brennan Forum
Just updated to new app and liking the look of everything but disappointed no album or artist pictures when browsing list. Web ui looks good but when you use browse option I can only browse first 60 artists of the over 400 plus stopping at C for me. However on the search tab I can browse the full list?

Steven Kennard

Feb 17, 2021, 10:40:47 AM2/17/21
to Brennan Forum
The limitation seems to be 500 on the app on the browsing list, 50-60 on the web UI
They are investigating to fix.

MWA

Feb 24, 2021, 5:47:48 AM2/24/21
to Brennan Forum
Good morning. Just wondering if there is any update on a resolution to this app problem. Thanks.

PMB

Feb 24, 2021, 3:47:44 PM2/24/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi MWA,

It's with the app software guys currently. I will post when an update is available.

Paul
Brennan Support.