FORMAT OF IMPORTED TRACKS

kaa1666

Mar 10, 2022, 9:13:39 AM3/10/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi,

I am rather interested in purchasing a Brennan B2 for my music. I currently have my music on a laptop with a different folder for each band, and all the tracks in these folders irrespective of which album they are from.

Would the B2 work for me if I imported the tracks in just the Artist Name folder or must I restructure everything as Artist/Album ?. I have over 15k tracks currently.

Many thanks
Ian

Daniel Taylor

Mar 10, 2022, 9:28:47 AM3/10/22
to Brennan Forum
The Artist\Album\tracks format is fixed and is required.  However, to make the job simpler for you, you could change from Artist\tracks to Artist\GeneralAlbumFolder\tracks.  Where all you have to do is insert one new folder under the Artist folder and then move all the tracks into the new folder.

Another thought, that would make it even easier, would be to put all your Artist folders inside a higher level folder, eg AllArtists.  Then the Brennan would see only one artist folder, within which would be all the artist folders.  The Brennan would view your artists as folder names, and would present them in the WebUI under the Album column.  But it would save you having to separate out all the different albums.

Personally, I don't care for either one of those options.  But since you've been happy with all your tracks grouped together inside just the Artist folder, those are the only options I can think of in your situation.