Aux input and bluetooth speaker

Richard Moore

Oct 13, 2019, 11:18:29 AM10/13/19
to Brennan Forum
I've hooked my turntable up to the B2 via a Boehringher pre-amp but can't achieve output to my bluetooth speaker.  The B2 connects to the speaker but doesn't pass on the aux input.  I've tried adjusting the volume on the B2 but to no effect.  The sound comes through the pre-amp via headphones OK.  Any ideas?

Dennis Lefebvre

Oct 13, 2019, 11:25:54 AM10/13/19
to Brennan Forum
Have you toggled the Settings > Bluetooth OUT command?

Bluetooth Out Send audio to a previously paired Bluetooth speaker. Buetooth can be managed (more easily) with the Web UI

Richard Moore

Oct 13, 2019, 11:48:17 AM10/13/19
to Brennan Forum
The bluetooth speaker works OK from the radio or HDD but nothing comes through from aux.  I've tried clicking the 'output' field on the web UI bluetooth settings but still no joy.

JAC

Oct 13, 2019, 12:04:06 PM10/13/19
to Brennan Forum
The Aux input is provided mainly for recording purposes.  The Brennan Website says:

Select Aux on the B2 remote control. This will reboot the B2 in a mode that allows the Raspberry Pi to make recordings - but it disconnects the hard disk and internet. You should now hear your music source playing through the B2 speakers. Though nothing is being recorded yet. Now is a good time to play with your connections and volume levels. You may notice that if you touch the tip of one of the connectors on the lead feeding into the B2 that you get a crackle or hum - this is good and it's often a quick way to check that side of the system is working.

I'm wondering if this different mode for the Raspberry Pi doesn't support Bluetooth Out ?

Mark Fishman

Oct 13, 2019, 6:36:55 PM10/13/19
to Brennan Forum
Once again we come back to the settings. When the B2 is set up to use the Aux input, can you check the other settings and see if Bluetooth is enabled? If you enable Bluetooth, be sure to SAVE THE SETTINGS before rebooting or powering off.

PMB

Oct 14, 2019, 6:01:56 AM10/14/19
to Brennan Forum
Hi Richard,

Aux In mode is really meant for recording things like Vinyl and Cassette tapes to the B2's HDD. To reduce the chances of interference on the recordings some processes are turned off - this may include sending audio to Bluetooth.

Aux In will play through connected speakers.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Richard Moore

Oct 15, 2019, 7:35:02 AM10/15/19
to Brennan Forum
Thank you all.  Very helpful responses.  I'll connect the pre-amp direct to my speaker for the time being and explore recording later.

PMB

Oct 16, 2019, 3:04:38 AM10/16/19
to Brennan Forum
Hi Richard,

Others on the Forum say they find it better to record Vinyl to their computer using software like Audacity (and others), separate into tracks, add Title info and compress before importing to the B2 - especially if you a few to record.

Paul
Brennan Support.