Please help bb1

Jo Williamson

Mar 12, 2020, 1:44:09 PM3/12/20
to Brennan Forum
Okay WiFi set up IP 192.168.1.224
App downloaded - found same IP address - clicked on it. When I try to open web UI it comes up 404 Not Found?

Peter Lowham

Mar 12, 2020, 2:22:52 PM3/12/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Jo,

Can you check the IP address of your BB1?  On the BB1, go to 'Main Menu' -- 'Settings & Tools' -- 'Stats' then checking the 'Wifi address'.

Also if you check 'Version' given in the line below the Wifi address, this could be useful.

Need to take this one step at a time, so let's check the basics first.

Regards,
Peter.

Jo Williamson

Mar 12, 2020, 2:29:49 PM3/12/20
to Brennan Forum
Okay on stats it says
WiFi address 192.168.1.224

Jo Williamson

Mar 12, 2020, 2:30:29 PM3/12/20
to Brennan Forum
Version says
Aug 16 2019 15:27:56

Jo Williamson

Mar 12, 2020, 2:31:09 PM3/12/20
to Brennan Forum
Thank you and John

john Henrick

Mar 12, 2020, 3:23:38 PM3/12/20
to Brennan Forum
I would run upgrade to get latest version

Peter Lowham

Mar 12, 2020, 3:24:18 PM3/12/20
to Brennan Forum
Jo,

Your BB1 software version is pretty old.

You should try do do a 'web upgrade'.  To do this, on your BB1, from 'Main Menu' -- 'Settings & Tools' --'Maintenance' -- 'Web Upgrade' and click on this.

You should get a message 'Downloading' then your BB1 should restart itself automatically.  If you then go back to 'Stats' see what the version date is and let us know.

Regards,

Peter.

Jo Williamson

Mar 12, 2020, 3:27:58 PM3/12/20
to Brennan Forum
Okay done the upgrade but no change to version
Still:

Jo Williamson

Mar 12, 2020, 3:32:37 PM3/12/20
to Brennan Forum
Okay just tried app and it had different layout and ITS WORKING!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOODNESS THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!
I can now see my Freddy Mercury hero on my BB1!!!!
You have made my day!!!!!
Xxxxc

Jo Williamson

Mar 12, 2020, 3:34:07 PM3/12/20
to Brennan Forum
Sorry - quick question- how do I record videos to BB1 and select art covers for my downloaded songs?
Soooooooo happy.......😃😍

Peter Lowham

Mar 12, 2020, 3:37:10 PM3/12/20
to Brennan Forum
Jo,

We need to get to the point where the BB1 is talking to your router.  The web upgrade has failed, hence the software version has not changed.

Next action is to power your BB1 off and back on again.  Then check 'Stats' to see if the IP address is still 192.168.1.224

Then try the web upgrade again.

One more question for now; how far away is your BB1 from your router? Just roughly ....

Regards,
Peter.

Peter Lowham

Mar 12, 2020, 3:45:36 PM3/12/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Jo,

Our posts crossed over each other, so I'm delighted that you are up and running.  One cautionary note is that for YouTube to work consistently, you will need to complete the 'web upgrade' to get to the latest version (March 2020).

YouTube made some changes over the last few months to their software that caused Brennan to have to make changes to the BB1 software so try the web upgrade again when everything has settled down for you.

Regards,

Peter.

Jo Williamson

Mar 12, 2020, 4:30:42 PM3/12/20
to Brennan Forum
Thank you Peter (and John)
You are both stars!
Why isn't it upgrading to 2020 yet?
When should I retry upgrade?
Warmly Jo x

john Henrick

Mar 12, 2020, 4:37:24 PM3/12/20
to Brennan Forum
If you tube is working it's connected to internet

Try upgrade again then press power once yes to turn off then restart

Then retry settings

John

Peter Lowham

Mar 12, 2020, 5:09:17 PM3/12/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Jo,

As John suggests, you should try to run the 'Web Upgrade' again as soon as you can.  The aim is to see 'BB1 Mar 09 2020' in the Stats screen.  This is the latest current software version which contains a number of fixes for YouTube downloading problems.

If the Web Upgrade fails, try rebooting your router at some convenient time and re-run the Web Upgrade again.

If the Web Upgrade keeps failing, let us know here and we'll try and help you to progress.

Regards,
Peter.

PMB

Mar 13, 2020, 4:19:23 AM3/13/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Jo,

Early versions of BB1 software required you to turn off the BB1 - press POWER twice - after the Web Upgrade, to update the software. After that it should reboot after a Web Upgrade.

As the guys have been saying you'll need later version software for YouTube to work.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Peter Lowham

Mar 13, 2020, 7:57:41 AM3/13/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Paul,

With regard to Jo's BB1, it is on Version 'Aug 16 2019 15:27:56'.  Do you know if this will update directly to 'Mar 9 2020' version?  Or is an intermediate update required as a stepping stone?

Regards,
Peter.

PMB

Mar 16, 2020, 5:16:34 AM3/16/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Peter and Jo,

As far as I know that version will update but you have to power off (press POWER twice) and power on again, after the Web Upgrade, for the update to take effect.

Paul
Brennan Support.