Renamed albums/songs are still "Album 1234/track 15" in Sonos

Joe Katz

Mar 4, 2021, 11:07:40 AM3/4/21
to Brennan Forum
Hello --

I've renamed many albums from "Album xxxx" to their correct names and track listings. Sonos, however, still sees them as "Album xxxx/Track xx." I always run Scan Disk after making changes.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Peter Lowham

Mar 4, 2021, 11:15:46 AM3/4/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Joe,

I think that the issue here is that although the Brennan uses the physical file names and track names to manage the music collection, the Sonos uses the tag data (the metadata) that is stored inside eack trackname.

You can access this metadata and modify it if you download an application like 'Mp3Tag' (which is a free download).  This is an excellent product, especially if you have a largish collection to update.

Regards,
Peter.

fred.w....@gmail.com

Mar 4, 2021, 12:06:58 PM3/4/21
to Brennan Forum
If your Sonos is seeing the B2 as a NAS then you may need to update its view of the NAS music database from within the Sonos App

Joe Katz

Mar 4, 2021, 2:00:13 PM3/4/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Peter --

Yes, I have mp3Tag and have used it to rename files I dragged over from my laptop to the Brennan. Now I've started using it for this task -- thanks for the suggestion.

Joe

fred.w....@gmail.com

Mar 4, 2021, 3:10:46 PM3/4/21
to Brennan Forum
Joe

I hope you are also aware that the B2 can directly output to your Sonos speakers from within the Brennan UI.

Fred