Using B2 as Music Library in Sonos, tracks advance mid-song

John Grimoldy

Jan 30, 2022, 4:23:14 PM1/30/22
to Brennan Forum
I've not yet done a great deal of troubleshooting on this to determine the source of the problem.

My B2 is set up as a Music Library for my Sonos System.  I've found that pulling from the B2 via the Sonos app gives greater functionality than using the Brennan app or Web Interface to push to my Sonos devices.

The greatest annoyance though is the unpredictability of tracks advancing mid-song to the next track in the queue.

My B2 is hardwired to my LAN.  Most Sonos equipment is not.

PMB

Jan 31, 2022, 4:12:14 AM1/31/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi jgri...,

Not sure why this is happening as in this configuration Sonos is in charge of what's played and the B2 is acting as a NAS drive.

You could try running Scan Disc - Settings menu - on the B2 - make sure it is paused when doing this. This rebuilds the internal database the B2 uses to locate and play your music - I'm not sure if Sonos accesses this database but worth a try.

Paul
Brennan Support.

fred.w....@gmail.com

Jan 31, 2022, 4:38:32 AM1/31/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Paul,

I could be wrong but the fact that Sonos has to attach to the B"'s NAS then index this as a library (which takes ages), would indicate to me that Sonos is NOT using the Be "Scan Disk" database.

I would suggest that there may be some "bad" track content in the B2's music folder that may be causing the problems described. AT LEAST this should be ELIMINATED as a possible cause.

To trouble shoot this you need to find/remember the CD that was causing the problems and see if this will play OK when listening to it through a directly connected B2 output (some headphones plugged into the back would do!) and or
Look at this album by attaching the B2 NAS to a PC/Mac and looking at the track file sizes with the native file management tools.

Fred