Loss of NAS connectivity/function

Steve French

Feb 25, 2022, 10:01:49 AM2/25/22
to Brennan Forum
Folks - Any ideas are much appreciated.  I have a 2 month old B2.  Started the NAS functionality one month ago as described in the manual and it worked fine until this morning.  The B2 is not showing up in File Explorer (Windows 11 on a very new PC).  Rebooted the PC - nothing.  Rebooted the B2 multiple times - nothing.  Rebooted the B2, turned NAS Off, turned NAS back on - nothing.  B2 is connected via Wi-Fi and I can see the device in the UI for my router.  I can access the B2 through the Web UI from my iPad. I can see the Router and my Wi-Fi printer in File Explorer.  Very little network traffic and no increase since the NAS functionality was initially working.  I can access the internet with a robust connections from the PC.  I ran the software upgrade function on the B2 when I first got it, but have not since then.  Windows 11 is at latest version using Windows Update.   No changes to PC network adaptor settings  No changes to router.  Router has latest firmware and had not changed in months. B2 plays tracks normally.  I am out of ideas.  Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Steve French

JFBUK

Feb 25, 2022, 10:48:09 AM2/25/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Steve,

any recent updates to the PC e.g. Windows update ?
Check this windows setting

Screenshot 2022-02-25 154228.jpg

Click the Start button Window bottom left and search for CMD to start a command prompt window

 and try a ping to your B2 IP address to see if your PC can see the B2

Screenshot 2022-02-25 154654.jpg

John

JFBUK

Feb 25, 2022, 2:47:01 PM2/25/22
to Brennan Forum
Steve replied direct via email

John - Thanks a bunch.  My network settings were slightly different than those you posted above.  I changed to the ones you suggested, was able to successfully ping the B2 and the B2 shows up in my networked devices list, I am able to successfully move files, so back to normal. Thank you again for being most helpful.
Steve