DNLA menu feature

Peter Sommer

Aug 14, 2019, 7:53:17 AM8/14/19
to Brennan Forum
I have come across a "Get DNLA" menu item in the Settings > Advanced.  It looks as though this downloads and installs DNLA facilities without your having to do so via any geeky procedure. Once installed the Brennan does indeed show up as a media device in Windows network.  A regular mouse click takes you a rather unhelpful webpage; a right click show the content and the /music directory takes to ... music folders which you can then play via your PC.

It would be helpful to have more guidance from Brennan about this feature.

PMB

Aug 15, 2019, 3:08:27 AM8/15/19
to Brennan Forum
Hi Peter,

This is an experimental addition that requires you to make some changes to the B2's configuration file. Have a look at our Latest Software page - 11th March for more info and also search the Forum for DLNA.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Steve Peers

Aug 15, 2019, 11:02:13 AM8/15/19
to Brennan Forum
Hi Paul.

The typo also appears on web-site   https://www.brennan.co.uk/itemcontent.php/content/CanItDo
Does B2 support DNLA?
No but its on the wishlist.

Perhaps delete this entry, as OKay elsewhere?

Steve

PMB

Aug 16, 2019, 4:06:58 AM8/16/19
to Brennan Forum
Thanks Steve,

I was leaving it until DLNA is fully implemented but will edited it to say the feature is there....

Paul
Brennan Support.