Brennan JB7 Stuck on startup Logo

Ian Mair

Oct 13, 2021, 4:40:04 AM10/13/21
to Brennan Forum
I have acquired a Brennan JB7 which runs through the startup file check then stops on the JB7i logo and won't do anything else. Anyone come across this before and any solution? Thanks

Peter Lowham

Oct 13, 2021, 11:55:43 AM10/13/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Ian,

This issue looks like either the JB7's firmware has become corrupted or it has developed a hardware fault.  You could open up the box (4 phillips screws) and check that the various cables and connectors are fully in place, but other than that the only practical solution would be to send it to AudioTech for repair.  AudioTech is Brennan's authorised repair facility.

I have searched the Internet for a copy of the JB7Hex file, this being the JB7's firmware file, but have not been able to source one, so we cannot even try a firmware reload.

Regards,
Peter.

PMB

Oct 14, 2021, 5:45:10 AM10/14/21