B2 and Spotify Connect - how's it going?

Davywhizz

Sep 24, 2020, 7:55:44 AM9/24/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi all

I've been using Spotify Connect for a couple of years, with my Marantz amp/streamer. Thus I haven't needed to add the option to the B2  but am now thinking of upgrading my amp/DAC.

As I understand it I need to reflash or replace the B2 SD card to the B2B version and then "get Librespot" from the advanced menu.

If I do that will I need to reload the B2 graphic equaliser? I believe there's a fix pending relating to the B2B software which in the meantime may stop me reloading it, if I need to, after fitting a new SD card.

More generally, what's the experience so far out there of using the Spotify app with a B2?

Mike W

Sep 24, 2020, 11:49:24 AM9/24/20
to Brennan Forum

I can only speak for my experience which has been very good. The B2 appears as a device within the normal spotify app and once selected works flawlessly.

The only problem that I have is that my wife, who up till then had left the B2 to me, now wants to use it for her streaming needs, so be careful who you show this feature to!

Regards
Mike

PMB

Sep 25, 2020, 4:18:20 AM9/25/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Davywhizz,

Martin has found a possible conflict when loading 'Get EQ' with B2B software. I have a link to a patch to fix this but I understand that Martin will include it in the next update, so maybe better to wait for that release before loading the EQ - check our Latest Software page.

Paul
Brennan Support.

John Lang Wilson

Sep 25, 2020, 9:39:41 AM9/25/20
to Brennan Forum
I'm very impressed with Spotify through the B2.  A bonus I wasn't expecting.

J Murdoch

Sep 25, 2020, 10:30:07 AM9/25/20
to Brennan Forum
I found the Spotify works really well, believe you have to have the premium paid version for it to work.