Can B2 backed up music files be "played" anyhow?

Duncan Shea-Simonds

Mar 9, 2022, 8:20:32 AM3/9/22
to Brennan Forum

Was just wondering...

I have the contents of my B2 backed up to an external SSD. Can these files be navigated and played anyhow? Say via a laptop?

Or can the FLAC files be extracted and copied onto my laptop's HD?

Was just thinking about holidays... it would be nice to take my music collection with me and really don't fancy taking my B2.

Or can this backup only be "understood" by the B2?

Cheers

Dunc

Daniel Taylor

Mar 9, 2022, 8:27:44 AM3/9/22
to Brennan Forum
The backup files are in standard computer format, so all computers can read and play them as you would with files that are already on your computer's internal disk drive.

fred.w....@gmail.com

Mar 9, 2022, 8:29:00 AM3/9/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Dunc,

Yes the B2's backup (Export to USB C or A) are just normal files in a directory structure your PC or Mac can understand and play. You could indeed copy them to your PC or Mac HDD and use them from there. This is what I do, the PC is one of my B2 backup copies.

Fred

Duncan Shea-Simonds

Mar 9, 2022, 8:56:55 AM3/9/22
to Brennan Forum
Perfect - Thanks Daniel.

Duncan Shea-Simonds

Mar 9, 2022, 8:58:24 AM3/9/22
to Brennan Forum
Great - Thanks Fred.... That's just what I was hoping :)

Jeff. M.

Mar 9, 2022, 8:59:36 AM3/9/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Dunc, I have all my FLAC files on a 256gb micro sd card, and put it in my phone!

Duncan Shea-Simonds

Mar 9, 2022, 9:16:09 AM3/9/22
to Brennan Forum
Amazing Jeff.... I really struggle to get my head around the storage capacity on micro sd these days. 1TB for goodness sake! Incredible!

Jeff. M.

Mar 9, 2022, 9:25:28 AM3/9/22
to Brennan Forum
I lie, some are MP3s! about 120 gb though, and my photos etc on the rest of the card.Beware, where you buy them from, so many fakes. I use Ebuyer, I assume you are in the UK?

Duncan Shea-Simonds

Mar 9, 2022, 9:29:43 AM3/9/22
to Brennan Forum
Thanks Jeff....