Ethernet not working

Clive Barrett

Nov 15, 2021, 3:48:30 AM11/15/21
to Brennan Forum
I got my new Brennan B2 last week and set up. I have been transferring some music from my PC using wi-fi but it is not reliable as it repeatedly drops, so having read several posts on the forum here I decided to connect via ethernet. My problem is that the ethernet does not work. I have tried three different cables that work on other devices. The Brennan software has been updated. I have tried re-booting and have removed and reseated each cable several times. As advised elsewhere, I have removed the wi-fi antenna before attempting to connect the ethernet cable. I'd be most grateful for any advice.

PMB

Nov 15, 2021, 3:54:51 AM11/15/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Clive,

Have you tried rebooting (powering off and on) the router after connecting the Ethernet cable?

Paul
Brennan Support.

Clive Barrett

Nov 15, 2021, 3:58:23 AM11/15/21
to Brennan Forum
Yes - several times both via the switch and via software. Thanks for the reply.

Clive Barrett

Nov 15, 2021, 6:44:26 AM11/15/21
to Brennan Forum
Having spent about six hours trying to sort this yesterday, I have now gone through all the steps again and now the ethernet works. Maybe it;s because the B2 and I both cooled down overnight :-) Thanks for responding Paul - it's gives me confidence.

PMB

Nov 16, 2021, 4:13:21 AM11/16/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Clive,

That's great, thanks for letting us know.

Paul
Brennan Support.

fred.w....@gmail.com

Nov 16, 2021, 4:44:32 AM11/16/21
to Brennan Forum
NEVER feed them after midnight and NEVER get them wet
::-))
Fred