Anyone else have the Web UI quit working?

James Wyatt

Nov 18, 2019, 12:45:46 PM11/18/19
to Brennan Forum
Anyone else have the Web User Interface quit working? (Both original & mobile)

Mine just quit. Sometimes after a reboot, I can get a list of my music, but any attempt to select an artist, album, or track, it all locks up.

I'm hard-wired in from my network, and everything else works...

I can access the Hard Drive via NAS, stream radio stations, and even the difficult task of selecting music with the knob or remote.

I've done the Web & Radio updates, but nothing changes. HELP!!!!......

Dennis Lefebvre

Nov 18, 2019, 1:36:21 PM11/18/19
to Brennan Forum
Have you tried using a different browser, opening the Brennan page in an Incognito or Private browser window or clearing the browser cache?

James Wyatt

Nov 18, 2019, 1:41:26 PM11/18/19
to Brennan Forum
Uses Google Chrome. Just checked on Firefox. Same issue.

PMB

Nov 19, 2019, 6:49:51 AM11/19/19
to Brennan Forum
Hi James,

Try clearing browser data and history, open a new browser page and enter the IP Address manually.

Paul
Brennan Support.

James Wyatt

Nov 19, 2019, 11:10:27 AM11/19/19
to Brennan Forum
Nope. It also doesn't work on my tablet & smartphone.
So it's not the computer...

Dennis Lefebvre

Nov 19, 2019, 12:27:39 PM11/19/19
to Brennan Forum
I would shutdown both the router and the B2. Restart the B2 first. It should report No Network, and should not display Time. Then restart the router. After a time the B2 should display an IP address (showing that it is connected to your network), and the Time (showing that it is connected to the Internet. The IP address may be different than it was before. Make sure the computer/tablet/phone is trying to connect to the current IP address, and is not trying to load a locally cached copy of the page.

Dennis Lefebvre

Nov 19, 2019, 12:29:20 PM11/19/19
to Brennan Forum

On Monday, November 18, 2019 at 12:45:46 PM UTC-5, James Wyatt wrote:

I'm hard-wired in from my network,

Verify that the B2 is not -also- making a WiFi connection to the network.

MJB

Nov 19, 2019, 12:40:48 PM11/19/19
to Brennan Forum
Hello James

It sounds like things are basically working and you have done all the right things. Did you mention scan disk?

Without having the B2 in front of me I would suspect that something in your music collection is causing the web UI subsystem to hang up.

Have you added or changed something recently?

If so you could try deleting whatever you changed from the front panel (or NAS).

When you say the web UI sometimes works briefly that suggested it may work until it encountered the troublesome content - but thats speculation.

Martin

James Wyatt

Nov 19, 2019, 1:11:30 PM11/19/19
to Brennan Forum
I did all that, and it stayed at "No Network".
After 15+ minutes or so I restarted the B2.

Boom! Same IP number.

Billy Joel's Piano Man never sounded as good. :)

Fingers crossed!              Thanks!